Tench feeding habits

John Fish

John Fish:

Forgiven...we'll keep that one private!!

For your lack of manners you "southern winner" i have sent copies of your e-mail to other members,i have manners enough not to :o:o you in public

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

:mad: :mad: OR DO I?

This northern looser is a little bit irate to say the least :o:o

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Steve Burke:

On some gravel pits in particular tench will feed during the heat of the day.  However, on most other venues I find early and late best.  During the day sport is slower but I find you can continue to catch where the light is lower. This means swims that are shaded, perhaps in fact in thick weed, or in deeper water.

Is this due to the light levels or water temperature? Has any investigation been done into the reasons?

• 2 weeks later...

21 posts, is that all you have to offer :P:P

Still waiting

Ta Ta for now member 531

“Vescere bracis meis”

Most Anglers spend their lives in making rules for tench, and tench spend theirs in breaking them...(After G Aston) OK so the original quote talked of trout. But I think it remains true of most fish...

My two favourite tench pits couldn't be more different. The first is very much a night water. For years I've caught more tench during the hours of darkness than any other place I fish for them yet during the day - even prime times of dawn and dusk is NEARLY always a struggle. (Though of course they'll always prove you wrong on occasions)

The second pit - fishes much better during the heat of the day. All my 6lb+ fish (OK so it's not a huge sample!!) have come around mid-day on HOT summer days - conditions not famous for being ideal for tench.

Both pits are of similar size and depth the 2nd has much more weed growth however. The 2nd also get a lot more angling pressure.

The only similarity is in location - targetting the margins is a winner on both venues.....

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

a good way of colouring the water when fishing the margins is to take the top section off your pole stick the end of the pole in the silt and blow bubbles through the silt.

lots of colour with minimal disturbance :D:D