20mtr pole

Andrew

20 metre floating poles? Whatever next? It will never replace real ability. To be honest, it seems to be the year of the gimmick. At most venues, this method is banned and I am concerned that the company which markets this product is promoting methods which represent the negative side of angling. I accept that there will be a few comments from those who consider that this method requires a degree of skill but to most of us- it does not.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bart4real i know exactly what you mean, its a method that requires very little skill, and a way of fishing i refuse to do even if sometimes catching less, but you cant blame the makers of the pole its the anglers who invent the different ways of catching, the makers just make the tools to perfect it. the floating pole is only a bolt rig, so is it any different to a carp angler casting out a fixed bolt rig and waiting for the alarm? or the method feeder? while ever anglers look for easy ways of catching fish self hooking rigs will be here to stay, like it or not,

What it does require is blessed good eyesight. The average pole float needs a magnifying glass just to find it in the tackle box let alone be seen at 2000mm. Me, to be able to see it I need one of those 'bobbers', akin to a pike bung, that our US friends use.

As a method I don't know if the floating pole is a more of a gimmick or any less sporting than bolt rigs or 'the method'. What I am pretty sure about is that it is only really effective on 'hungry' overstocked carp pools where fish have to compete hard with each other for food. In a more natural environment I doubt if it would be very effective at all, which is why I warned that some heavily stocked carp pools ban them and for normal fishing up to 14.5 metres, I expect there is better kit out there for less than £500. I wonder if jangar has had any feedback yet?

Sorry allrounder as of yet no feedback :(

Hopefuly Saturday i will have some,you can bet you boots i"ll post it :D:D

Jangar

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”