Luce Bay Toping Trip..

Norrie

Just back from a trip to Luce bay with Peterthefisherman,Bmac, and Andy..fishing with the Onyermarks Crew....

We were on Spikes boat, and had 20 Tope to 39lbs...and between us lost lots more than that...

I had 4 to 25lbs, Billy ,4 to 25lbs, Andy 4 to 39lbs, and Peter 8 to 25lbs....also, Andy had a Huss of 6lbs..

One of mine, followed the bait on a slow retrieve right up to the surface, and snaffled it, it was like something from Jaws....never seen the like in my life before,. As Ian said, it was almost like Redgilling for them.

Ian B' had 36 Tope....and Matthew had 20 Tope...so, a grand total of 76 Tope for the day for the three boats.. But probs lost around the same number for the three boats...

A fantastic day, great weather,great company, and great fish...

Also bumped into Guy, and Conger....had a quick pint with them in the Clash before heading home. :D :D :D

topetrip020.jpg

topetrip019.jpg

topetrip015.jpg

topetrip012.jpg

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Just back from a trip to Luce bay with Peterthefisherman,Bmac, and Andy..fishing with the Onyermarks Crew....

We were on Spikes boat, and had 20 Tope to 39lbs...and between us lost lots more than that...

I had 4 to 25lbs, Billy ,4 to 25lbs, Andy 4 to 39lbs, and Peter 8 to 25lbs....also, Andy had a Huss of 6lbs..

One of mine, followed the bait on a slow retrieve right up to the surface, and snaffled it, it was like something from Jaws....never seen the like in my life before,. As Ian said, it was almost like Redgilling for them.

Ian B' had 36 Tope....and Matthew had 20 Tope...so, a grand total of 76 Tope for the day for the three boats.. But probs lost around the same number for the three boats...

A fantastic day, great weather,great company, and great fish...

Also bumped into Guy, and Conger....had a quick pint with them in the Clash before heading home. :D :D :D

topetrip020.jpg

topetrip019.jpg

topetrip015.jpg

topetrip012.jpg

:rolleyes: Sounds like a great day, how come you lost so many fish, was it the poor quality of the tackle, blunt hooks etc, or the poor quality of the anglers, reflexes too slow, take a break between fish? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Sounds like a great day, how come you lost so many fish, was it the poor quality of the tackle, blunt hooks etc, or the poor quality of the anglers, reflexes too slow, take a break between fish? :rolleyes:

Hi Norm, Dont really know mate...as all of them felt properly hooked....some were on for ages, then just.....gone.....we at first thought hook sizes, but were using what Spike recommended...think they were 6/0 Beastmasters if my memory serves right.....might go to a bigger hook next time...an 8/0...:)

But, as Ian ,and his son Matthew were losing fish too, we didnt feel toooooo bad.... ;)

Mibbes it was just a wee "Senior Moment"..:)

Theocritis..

Hi Norm, Dont really know mate...as all of them felt properly hooked....some were on for ages, then just.....gone.....we at first thought hook sizes, but were using what Spike recommended...think they were 6/0 Beastmasters if my memory serves right.....might go to a bigger hook next time...an 8/0...:)

But, as Ian ,and his son Matthew were losing fish too, we didnt feel toooooo bad.... ;)

Th fish were just not feeding that well. At times the only indication you got was a doggie like bite. If you didn't react the tope would drop the bait. Probably half of the 36 fish caught on my boat were hooked by winding the bait up as if you were redgilling. The fish would follow the bait and grab it half way up. Sometimes the hook stuck, sometimes it didn't as the tope would pull the bait of the hook.

Out of 36 tope I had on the boat probably only a dozen had the typical tell tale screaming run.

I had the same lads out today and bagged another 26, so the three lads had 62 tope in a weekend.

Edited by Ian Burrett

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

:D Do you mean 6/0 Seabeasts, they're great hooks but if I'm fishing with light gear I scale down to Sakuma Manta Xtras in 6/0 or 8/0 as they penetrate better. Seabeasts are great for conger and something you can give a bit of welly but sometimes a light rod doesn't have the backbone to pull a Seabeast through the tough skin of a tope. When are you going again, I might send you a pack to try. :D

Great report Norrie and well done mate. "Onyermarks" charters are really professional guys and normally put you on the money :thumbs:

Back over to the van on Friday for the rest of June Norrie so will see you guys shortly for a beer or three :sun: Martin and Louise officially opened our new veranda a couple of weeks ago. This is Louise cutting the ribbon to officially open our "Toon Terrace"

TT1.jpg

I am sure the name will really "pee" off our nextdoor neighbour Colin who supports Sunderland :bigemo_harabe_net-163: Yes we had quite a few bevvies on the opening night !!!!

TT7.jpg

TT2.jpg

TT5.jpg

If you spy my car outside the van you are more than welcome to call in for a tea/beer/advice/bit blether.

I just returned back home on Friday from a 4 week stint over there, Did not do loads of fishing as still a bit early but teamed up with the tack4s,Toonfireman and George from our site. Had mackerel(not many),pollack,coalies,wrasse,LSDs but nothing exceptional yet. Really waiting for the water to warm a bit and go popping for bass. Getting quite used to this retirement thing now and it aint too bad :sun:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

:D Do you mean 6/0 Seabeasts, they're great hooks but if I'm fishing with light gear I scale down to Sakuma Manta Xtras in 6/0 or 8/0 as they penetrate better. Seabeasts are great for conger and something you can give a bit of welly but sometimes a light rod doesn't have the backbone to pull a Seabeast through the tough skin of a tope. When are you going again, I might send you a pack to try. :D

Think that them Norm, I usually use Mustads/Kamasans, but had run out, ..:( We are back down in 3 weeks...:):)

As Ian says, some of the bites were very like Doggies..I hadnt thought of that BTW...and only two of my fish were the screemin reel type bites..:)

I was using my Conoflex Triology 12 class that StanM of Alba rods built for me....it has plenty backbone to it. :)

Bmac had a go with a 6lb class, which belonged to Spike the skipper, it did the job extremely well..:)

John, Those are belters of pics mate...and I really do hope you enjoy the van...and all the visitors you are going to have..:):)

Edited by Norrie

Theocritis..

Think that them Norm, I usually use Mustads/Kamasans, but had run out, ..:( We are back down in 3 weeks...:):)

As Ian says, some of the bites were very like Doggies..I hadnt thought of that BTW...and only two of my fish were the screemin reel type bites..:)

I was using my Conoflex Triology 12 class that StanM of Alba rods built for me....it has plenty backbone to it. :)

Bmac had a go with a 6lb class, which belonged to Spike the skipper, it did the job extremely well..:)

John, Those are belters of pics mate...and I really do hope you enjoy the van...and all the visitors you are going to have..:):)

:D It looks like I'll have to send you a pack of Sakumas then. :D

:D It looks like I'll have to send you a pack of Sakumas then. :D

Well, If you were kind enough to send them, it would be really rude not to accept them..Got my addy ?? :):)

Thanks Norm..:)

Theocritis..