Log Books

Jamie Thornton

Does anyone record all of there record fish for each species in a log book? If you do what do you include for each species (eg. date, bait, rig, weather, location)? Also, if you can, could you take a picture and either e-mail me it or put the pic up on here? I have done one of my own but I dont think it looks right. I think it is good though to have a log book though because if you print it off every year and put in a folder, you can look back on what you caught then, and how you've improved.

Angling is all things to all men, and women! With the advent of computers keeping a record should be a doddle, for those who collect such information. Its all a question of attitude. Its important to those who find such things as important. The famous Nev Fickling was once an avid train spotter, now he's an avid 35 pound pike spotter! But thats Nev, its how he gains even more enjoyment from his pike fishing. All power to his pen in that regard! Me, I just can't be bothered! I know people who record every fish they catch, and every minute detail, and they thoroughly enjoy doing it.

If you want to record details then may I suggest you record water & air temperature and the weather patterns before and after. Also the moon phases. The bait, the state of the tide, technique and tackle used. I would also, of course, record the results, plus photographic evidence. Where does it all end? Perhaps a lap-top on the bankside . . . . . . . . Perhaps a programme is available, time to hit your internet explorer!

I've kept an angling diary almost since I learnt to write (!). Alas the first 3 years got lost in a house move many years ago (I still accuse my Mum of throwing them out!!). Still got them going back to the age of 11 though (over 3 decades worth :rolleyes: ) Though as Peter says the ole' PC has largely taken over from the exercise books I knicked from school. They're great for re-reading - especially in the close season. They also are ready providers of inspiration when I'm planning a trip...

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Chris, they should make interesting reading. How about putting some on the forum?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic