help on tench

budd7

Ok im a bit late but this may be helpful for another day. Sweetcorn always works well in the margins. No fish can resist the sweet smell. I have caught tench 1ft out using it. Pre-baiting really pays off when it comes to tench. They potroll the margins of the pond/lake all day long and spend more time in some swims than others. If they find a swim producing food for a few days they will spend more time in it each day. Did you know that tench are one of the fastest fish in still water?? They can get all the way around a big pond in minutes! Hope this helps!

Regards

Ed 'Herefords bagging machine'

www.kingfisher-club.vze.com

What have i done wrong Budd?

I only said it was good manners to thank people.

I was brought up to respect my elders and say please and thank you.

Nowt wrong with that is there.

Anyway hope your Tench session went well and the tips prove to be fruitfull.

No thats not what im saying.

What i am saying is that you pestered me to e-mail you the fishsim 2 demo then when you got it you never thanked me for sending it....until i mentioned it in a post. :mad:

You also keep posting posts then when you dont get an answer you put another post up saying ANYONE.

Be patient. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ah yes thats another thing. Well done Ray for reminding me. A tench's favourite NATURAL food is blood worms. They love blowing up the silt and sucking them up. Of course blood worms are too small to get on the hook but red worms will work instead. A normal dendra worm will work also. I hear maggots can be very successful even though i have never tried them myself. Is it just me or are the tincas becoming a more and more popular quarry??

Regards

Ed 'Herefords bagging machine'

www.kingfisher-club.vze.com