Quick intro and repair question.

Slyder

Hi all,

have been reading these forums for a couple of weeks and thought it was time I registered. :)

This whole Anglers Net thing is very commendable, and it's great to see the internet being used in such a positive way. There seems to be a real sense of community amongst the posters here and that reflects the interactions you get bankside when meeting strangers and chatting for ages about this shared passion.

I am just returning to the bank after a four season absence, so the chat on here has whetted my appetite somewhat. :)

To my question. My landing net pole is in need of repair, so can anyone let me know the recommended adhesive for bonding metal to carbon composite?

Slyder

[ 24 May 2002, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: Slyder ]

Gary

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><(((º>

.·´¯`·.><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´><((((º>

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dragonbat:

Welcome Slyder beware of chesters1

Hmmm, that came back a bit quick, like an automated warning that everyone gets.

Gary

Thanks Richard, I'll go shopping for that then.

Gary

Good morning Slyder. Welcome to Anglers Net. It will take over your life, and soon you'll forget about fishing altogether...

Oh well.

Anyway, depending on whether your Landing Net is an expensive one or not, you might find it just as easy to go and buy a complete replacement. A good carbon composite one will start at around £15. I bought one which was telescopic and paid only around £10 I think and it's perfect for my needs. Might be worth considering rather than messing around with glue, which might or might not work.

That's true Spindle. Maybe different for DIY type people, but a selection of glues isn't on my priority list for household items. Think it's time to re-visit the tackle shop. All part of my re-aquaintance with the sport. :D

Gary

Welcome aboard Slyder - beware these boards ARE addictive...

FWIW when I were a lad, (cue misty, summer mornings, Dvorak's New World Sympthony etc, etc) and all fishing tackle purchases meant an extra paper round and months of saving I successfully bodged a repair of a landing net pole using Araldite added year's to it's use!!

Chris

ps - See you're from my 'part of the woods' where do you fish??

[ 24 May 2002, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

Guest Ferret1959

Hi ya Slyder, any excuse to get down the tackle shop. Looks like you got straight into the habit after your 4yr break.

And it's right this thing does take over, every angler you meet on your travels you ask "do you go on Anglers Net"most of them say "ya wot" then you go on to explain and wow a couple of days after there they are in the forum.

Enjoy A/N and your fishing but don't get sucked in to some of the "wind ups" on here.

Oh yes don't worry about chesters he don't bite (well not hard )

[ 24 May 2002, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: Ferret1959 ]