ZIG RIG INFO...please !!

John 'BLOCK'

I was wondering if any one can help with some advice on zig rigs.....when if fish a certain carp pool they stay within certain layers of depth during the main part of the day.I believe with a zig rig i can tempt these carp to the net.

Any good advice is always wellcome.

Hope all is well and fishing is good !!

John "The Block" Westley

Hi John,

The simplest method in my experience is to fish a large piece of bread crust on a running link ledger... make the link approx 1 foot long... hook length (nylon) approx 3 foot long.. thread a cork ball onto the link and push it up to the link swivel, thread a cork ball onto the hook length and push that down onto the hooklength swivel... that should keep your swivels nice and bouyant......

Now for the actual fishing.... work out their patrol routes and place your bait on one of these routes... pay out line until your crust breaks the surface then wind down to the desired depth... you don't really need indicators fishing like this... just fish straight off the baitrunner...

The beauty of fishing like this is that you can explore many layers of water pretty quickly.... You can of course use pop-ups but in my experience they're not really bouyant enough...

Hope that helps..

Simon

Thanks Simon

I asked this as surface fishing is not allowed at this pool.

That sounds great and easy to do.

Often the best solutions are simple and effective.

By the link do you mean a paternoster style link like when ledgering dead baits ?

Also is there any way of making the rig safer regarding nylon rubbing the fish during the fight ?

Many thanks

John

John "The Block" Westley

John,

Check out this old thread , complete with pic from Dr. Gaffer :D

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Thanks Guys

Just goes to show what a great site it is.

One question many replies.

Illustrates the unity that you get within angling.

Thx

John

I still don't know how to use the the little symbols yet !!! but rest assured lots of smillies if i did !!

John "The Block" Westley

John, just click on the gremlin that you want on your post, you can put them anywhere, and as many as you want.Spangles. :D

Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.

Pop-ups made with the Nash Airball mix are so buouyant that they'll come crashing through the surface film and hover two feet over the water..well almost. You can make a paste with the mix that will be equally as buouyant.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.