The CA and Angling.

Peter Waller

The Conservative Party leader Ian Duncan Smith,

his wife Betsy and their three children will all

be attending CA march on September 22nd.

Mr Duncan Smith told the Times;

"Its a matter of freedom.It does not matter that

I dont hunt"

A future Conservative government,led by him,would

repeal this "absurd" law.

This suggests that he considers the present

battle already lost and since it is a matter of

freedom,then Angling can feel reassured.

Do you feel assured ?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

miasma:

The Conservative Party leader Ian Duncan Smith,

his wife Betsy and their three children will all

be attending CA march on September 22nd.

Mr Duncan Smith told the Times;

"Its a matter of freedom.It does not matter that

I dont hunt"

This suggests that he considers the present

battle already lost and since it is a matter of

freedom,then Angling can feel reassured.

Do you feel assured ?

Oh, so he's their leader is he, I did wonder :D

Assured? No, just confused!

ALAN FAWCETT:

Peter (Waller)

I don't suppose you've got a shimano reel you want to sell have you :D:D (sorry mate couldn't help myself)

Are you in the market for it Alan? Be cheaper to write a reply in favour of the CA & thus be awarded a nice new reel for yourself. You, me, Lee & Jim could work it so we could all take it in turns to write the 'star letter'!

miasma:

Perhaps they might repeal the handgun ban also.

Jim Roper

http://www.march-info.org

http://www.weymouth.gov.uk/harbourcam.htm

http://www.weymouth.gov.uk/beachcam.htm

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

http://www.thisisdorset.net

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Dear Pete (Sharpe)

No Pete. I am not preparing another long responce for this thread. I have made my point, said my peace on the context of Peter's thread.

Further to that, on this particular subject, I have nothing more to add.

Regards,

Lee.

scoobs11:

when a nasty man chases you with a stick you stop running soon after he does , you dont keep running through another twelve counties to get to the one with the free ice cream do you ? :confused:

Nicely put Scoobs! Immigrants, where do you draw the line though? Where would America or Australia be without immigrants? Okay, so the Indians and Aboriginies will say better off!

If all those who had emigrated from the UK were to be repatriated, and all those who have immigrated were to be repatriated to their homelands then I suppose it would be about equal. In reality I don't suppose whether a person is an immigrant or not is the real issue, its the change that they bring. City folk emigrate to the country, they change the environment that attracted them in the first place.

My home town's charecter has been totally ruined by outsiders, immigrants moving in. Acres & acres of Persimmon Homes springing up everywhere. And these are UK immigrants! So, whats this got to do with fishing? Quite a lot actually! My home town has had 8000 new homes inflicted upon it, mostly to house outsiders. This must have an effect on the quality of water, of the environment and on the pressure that a local fishery is put under. It is this last point that concerns me.

I'm afraid Scoobs that immigration is a fact of life, especially when our Government appears to refuse to make a stand. It is a European problem, for better or worse, we are part of Europe, let Europe take its share. Seems for once we agree!

Personally I reckon home rule for East Anglia and Dorset is a wholly wortwhile sentiment!

I also have nothing further to add Lee as I'm exhausted. I admire your stamina though, even though you're always wrong :D

On the subject of immigants, the town where I live is also being swamped by immigrants with a totally alien culture...Londoners. They move in, push the house prices up, rape all the women, and then jam all the roads by commuting twenty miles to the nearest railway station so that they can carry on working in London. Well perhaps the raping part is a slight exaggeration, but you know that's what they're thinking.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Peter Sharpe:

On the subject of immigants, the town where I live is also being swamped by immigrants with a totally alien culture...Londoners. They move in, push the house prices up.

Bloody easterners - always moaning. :rolleyes: Bet the price hike will be a real beggar when you come to sell, eh Peter?

For what you'll make on your gaff you could buy the Shropshire equivalent of South Fork, complete with lake and armed guards. Woops, I mean (pheasant shoot) 'keepers'. You'll need 'em, though. No immigrants around here... non-whiteys get fed to the hounds, in bite-sized chunks :P ; sarfeners are used as live, pre-match sacrifices at Gay Meadow :) and the last noise incoming Brummies hear is the sound of duelling banjos, before the sickles descend

Pike fishing is ace, mind.

[ 30. August 2002, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Broughton ]

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

Bearing in mind that the price of my house has now been inflated to the dizzy heights of around £36000, where do you suggest I move to take advantage of this windfall?

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Peter Sharpe:

On the subject of immigants, the town where I live is also being swamped by immigrants with a totally alien culture...Londoners.

Peter, so you live in Lowestoft too!

Bruno, re liking the price if we Easterners come to sell. Its great if we are moving out. Not so good if we are staying put. I bought my house in 1971 for £5,000.00, at a time when a two up, two down was about £1,800.00. The two up, two downs are now over £65,000.00. You are lucky to earn more than £12,000.00 p.a. round here. A single salary, from a local, would probably not buy a house. Whats mine worth? Heaven knows, but my children couldn't afford what its probably worth to buy the house they were born in and grew up in, its set in an acre of land leading down to the Broads. One of my daughters is a pharmacist and her partner is a computer animator working on Harry Potter 2. Even on their combined salary it would be impossible. Its all thanks to outsiders moving in, most of which have come here because they regard it as cheap housing. It might be to them, it isn't to us.

[ 31. August 2002, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]