Lobs

davedave

Superglueing maggots end to end what an interesting idea. Do you have a photo? Were would be the best place to hook them? Would you get the same effect buy hairriging maggots length was if you could? What species are you catching on this method I would of thought smaller fish would attack and suck the life out the maggots furthest away from the hook. how long do they stay glued together for.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive heard this before somewhere, it sounds quite effective. How long does the glue last in the water though? Thanks for all the replies :)

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

That quite honestly take the top prize in rubbish that has been posted on here., and believe me that takes some doing. :mellow:

A bit harsh, don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. Magworms have caught me plenty of fish, particularly Bream. I find that all Cyanoacrylate super glues stick fingers together quickly and securely, as its original use was clinical in the battle field. Sticking maggots together is no problem.

Ive heard this before somewhere, it sounds quite effective. How long does the glue last in the water though? Thanks for all the replies :)

Hours, but will eventually breakdown. Try it and watch what happens in a glass of water, they look very enticing

No reply. Just maintaining that it's a stupid idea, without any rhyme or reason why.

Superglue works best when the two materials are identical....just like your own skin. Gluing maggots together should be instant and they'll stay bonded for ages. Longer than you'll leave the bait out for anyway.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Might be worth a try- Has anybody tried it? I wonder what it catches, most fish i expect as they all love a maggot

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

One of the most enjoyable aspects of fishing is thinking outside the box and experimenting with different techniques some of the more successful anglers use methods, baits and techniques that other anglers would not think of or just out right dismiss as nonsense (ha using plastic imitation maggots/corn what a joke you will never catch anything on that) superglueing maggots together seems like quite a lot of fiddling personally never tried it but I can see that it might be effective so before you dismiss the idea why not give it ago you might be surprised.

Might be worth a try- Has anybody tried it? I wonder what it catches, most fish i expect as they all love a maggot

It catches anything, it’s a change bait, it’s a bigger bait which will often pull a bigger fish so not ideal where there are lots of small silver fish who just tug on the end. Use it as you would a worm. Easiest, quickest use is to glue blunt end to blunt end then hook through a pointed end. Two or three doubles on a hook . Also blunt end to blunt end then pointed end to pointed end by overlapping by a mm, continue to form a magworm as long as you want (pseudo worm). Not fiddly to do once you’ve played with it and found a system, not timed it but probably a minute to make a ‘worm’ a couple of inches long.

No need to be so negative teme man, it wont do any harm to give it a try

I removed a few posts that were basically personal attacks and counter attacks and counter counter attacks.

The topic is interesting and worth discussing so let's try to keep it on track and about fishing.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President