Chris Tarrant Elected President

Zinky

Radio Broadcaster, T.V. Presenter, but most of all life long Angler, Chris Tarrant, has been elected President of what was recently described by the Institute of Economic Affairs as the most effective Conservation body in the Country, the Anglers Conservation Association.

Bring back Tiswas

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

He will probably recruit more new members than Bob James has managed. That's not too difficult though.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

The good that Messrs Jardine & James has done for coarse angling was subject of a debate re the CA at an angling consultative meeting that I attended last night. I'll let you guess what the majority view was! Only one guess though as I just know that you'll get the right answer :D

[ 25 April 2002, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Errr?? Should I ask the audience ....Or phone a friend........

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Oi bulldog

I'd take 50/50 if i were you lad :D

So now we've got a decent bloke at the top of the list on that one lets try n get him to the top in the real parliment (we could try n persuade him to legalise baiting & hunting (ANTI baiting n hunting that is :) )

PS Dragonbat i prefered OTT :D

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

Did anyone discover what Bob James has actually done since he started working for the ACA. They used to feature in the media regularly at one time, but I wouldn't mind betting that most new recruits to angling over the last five years have never heard of the ACA.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I'm fairly new to angling (well second time round for me).

The only time I had heard of Bob James was in IYCF and on A Passion For Angling.

The only time I had heard of the ACA was on here.

Who's this Chris Tarrant bloke then ??? :D:D

Such a high profile celeb as Mr Tarrant could only be good for the image and profile of angling across the board.

All the best to him and wish him well in his new role. :)

Tight Lines

Chris