Surface Fishing

Paul Bickley

Why not try floater cake?.

Just use a boilie mix but instead of making a stiff paste make a runny mix.

Add flavours and additives as normal the bake at gas mark 5 until firm.

Delia Finn

The more you learn, the more you know.

The more you know, the more you forget.

The more you forget, the less you know.

I had great success with FEBO dog biscuits, drilled and hair rigged they can be brilliant.

They are almost round, about 18mm diameter, cast well and slowly swell up and soften.

I must admit that the several hundred fish I caught on them took almost instantly while they were still hard.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I've had great luck with the Kellogs brand going on a hook without breaking up. Poor luck with some others that are cooked harder and tend to shatter.

If you check the articles section here for pack bait (a US & SA [they call it a mielie bom]) you will find lots of ideas for a sugar pop on the hook and a packed handful around it that will break up within a couple minutes on the bottom leaving the sugar pop on top of the ground bait. Not a surface bait but a good one.

No hair needed over here even on pay lake fish which probably see more hooks than even UK carp on a busy day ticket water.

[ 17. August 2002, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Newt ]

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

A Hair-rigged Cork Ball, simple, never comes off, easy to see and the Carp can't tell the difference.

Either on it's own, or as I do, fire some 'Mixers' around the cork ball and away you go!

Paul Bickley:

Paul Bickley:

Cat food (dry) Kellogs Corn Pops, Floating boilies but none better than crust, Try flavour additives to the chum mixer.

How do you hook the corn pops, is it by a hair rig? and what size hook
I use size 4 or2 and just hook the bait lightly as they swell, cast them dry, the drawback with them is you have to fish close..By the way when I feed the corn pops to the fish in my pond it clears the algae blooms!!!!!!!!!!!! good tip for you pond keepers out there.

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..