Cat Survival Trust

RobStubbs

Had a great day visiting the cat survival trusts home, not too far from us, here in Hertfordshire.

Here's a few from today

cat1.jpg

654small.jpg

roar.jpg

The last image was reclaimed from a very dark and under exposed image and without shooting in raw would have been totally lost.

Rob.

Had a great day visiting the cat survival trusts home, not too far from us, here in Hertfordshire.

Here's a few from today

cat1.jpg

654small.jpg

roar.jpg

The last image was reclaimed from a very dark and under exposed image and without shooting in raw would have been totally lost.

Rob.

do you have contact details for the trust? can anyone visit?

cheetah.jpg

my lady and I are great big cat and wolf lovers and have done alot of animal contact/support of charities.

The UKwolf trust will allow you to walk with some of their wolves and thats makes a superb opportunity for photography!

http://www.ukwolf.org/

Love the pictures :camera::thumbs:

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Beautiful creatures.

But I wouldn't want to meet one on a dark night :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

do you have contact details for the trust? can anyone visit?

my lady and I are great big cat and wolf lovers and have done alot of animal contact/support of charities.

The UKwolf trust will allow you to walk with some of their wolves and thats makes a superb opportunity for photography!

They are not open to the public but do have open days every now and again. The fees are very reasonable, they just ask you to join the trust and pay a small donation - minimum of 10 pounds per person.

They actually have an open day this coming Sun (23rd) and it's open to a maximum of 20 people. Get back to me (PM) if you're interested in details, and you need to register interest via facebook - but you should be able to find me easily enough on it using my full name.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

They are not open to the public but do have open days every now and again. The fees are very reasonable, they just ask you to join the trust and pay a small donation - minimum of 10 pounds per person.

They actually have an open day this coming Sun (23rd) and it's open to a maximum of 20 people. Get back to me (PM) if you're interested in details, and you need to register interest via facebook - but you should be able to find me easily enough on it using my full name.

Rob.

cheers Rob;

as it happens i managed to hunt down the info with bit of time on the internet!

spoke to a nice chap and he said its perfectly fine to pick a day, phone and arrange a visit and then pay membership on arrival and have a guided tour etc...

so chances are we will visit later on in the year when the weather is a bit better; bring my trusty canon along and see what snaps i can get!

all i had all weekend, from the missus, is why do we live so far away from such a place? if we lived closer i get the feeling she would volunteer her life away to spend time helping the project! LOL!

cheers Rob;

as it happens i managed to hunt down the info with bit of time on the internet!

spoke to a nice chap and he said its perfectly fine to pick a day, phone and arrange a visit and then pay membership on arrival and have a guided tour etc...

so chances are we will visit later on in the year when the weather is a bit better; bring my trusty canon along and see what snaps i can get!

all i had all weekend, from the missus, is why do we live so far away from such a place? if we lived closer i get the feeling she would volunteer her life away to spend time helping the project! LOL!

No worries, glad you located them :)

We are very glad we are only 20 minutes away, so we plan to do some more serious photography sessions there, again, probably when it's warmed up. The snow leopard cub will though be too big to get in the cage with (she was a bit feisty when we were there so only one group went in).

Rob.

Here's a few from today

cat1.jpg

654small.jpg

roar.jpg

Rob.

lovely , me and my wife have regular email contact with zion wildlife gardens in new zealand and we plan to go and see everyone there , they have barbery and white lions , white and orange bengal tigers , a black leopard , 2 cheetahs and 2 serval cats.

we learnt about the special place throu the tv programm lion man and have been in support of what they do ever since , my favourite big cat has always been the tiger and my wife loves cheetahs , i also love pumas , all big cats really ( and small )

lovely , me and my wife have regular email contact with zion wildlife gardens in new zealand and we plan to go and see everyone there , they have barbery and white lions , white and orange bengal tigers , a black leopard , 2 cheetahs and 2 serval cats.

we learnt about the special place throu the tv programm lion man and have been in support of what they do ever since , my favourite big cat has always been the tiger and my wife loves cheetahs , i also love pumas , all big cats really ( and small )

Tony if she loves cheetahs then get her to Hammerton Zoo just outside Cambridge...she can meet the cheetahs there and actually get inside the enclosure and spend a couple of hours stroking and interacting face to face with one of them!

http://www.hamertonzoopark.com/

its costs some cash and you might have to wait, my partner waited 2 years to get her chance because of various issues, but its a chance in a life time! they even take a cd full of photos for you whilst your inside as well as letting a partner get inside the area restricted to the public to take photos/video!

as for Zion, they went through a real rough patch didnt they? the guy off the TV ran it with his Mother if i recall and for various reason they had a row and then a keeper was mauled to death and then health and safety went mad and there was period of time when the welfare of the animals really wasnt up to scratch. I seem to recall the tv guy left the park at that point because he hated what he saw happening.

dunno if thats all changed now...we get a news letter now and again and i got the missus a superb photo of Zion himself.

Edited by kirisute