Problems logging into Windows XP Pro

Sportsman

Hmmmm did you choose last known good figuration or safe mode?

just a thought is your machine pre built IE a Dell or something?

some have cunning ways of stopping you getting into the operating system and use recovery disks ;)

some have special keys to press F10 or whatever that put the software into the manner it was when it was sold ,not something you really want if you have no back ups

your problem maybe a failing hard disk try leaving the machine of till it cools down

a nasty virus a nortons or other virus software disk may cure that if its booted off

or windows is damaged

or a driver has gone ape stopping it from loading

if you can get to safe mode you stand a chance of winning

It just goes black now, no safe mode or previous configuration, not even a cursor.

I suppose it will be off to the sick computers home tomorrow but he will have if for a week before he even looks at it and I have a lot of work to do.

At the moment I am using my trusty old Mac which never goes wrong. Unfortunately I do all of my work in Serif programs these days and Serif doesn't work on a mac, otherwise I would ditch the PC. <_<

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

bugger !probably your hard drives gone try it again in an hour

pity you have no XP CD to boot off

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson