Faith

Gray-Catchpole

I work for money, to provide for my wife and future children.

I'm quite a loud person, always trying to get on with everyone.

I fish for me, through it I get to spend time with myself and get the time to file away the relevant from the irrelevant, meaning that I feel like smiling when I meet folks, allowing me the privilage of having a number of friends.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Andy Macfarlane:

I always try to remember that no matter how bad things are,there's always someone out there who is having it 10 times harder

Excellent point.

When I first became ill almost 20 years ago I was in a ward with fellas all with similar symptoms. One bloke was always moaning about his pain, yet the guy in the next bed was in a far worse state with very advanced MS. He was the life and soul of the party, and only once did his facade crack, when in frustration he couldn't grip a spoon.

He went home later that day for the weekend, but one of the nurses confided that it would be his last such trip and he'd spend the rest of his life in hospital. He didn't, he died at home the following day.

Makes you think, doesn't it.

If someone told me 20 years ago what my lot in life was going to be, despite the problems I'd have said, "Gimme, gimme!" I'm got great friends, I'm now happily remarried and I've got my own fishery. So instead of getting downhearted, count your blessings, then go for it.

My father, who lost an arm in the war and was filled with shrapnel, was written off by everyone and was told he'd never ever have a proper job. Yet he became one of the top consulting engineers in the world.

He used to say "There's no such word as can't". I've now adopted it as our family motto.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

ALAN FAWCETT:

To be honest the only thing i can think of is the fact i want to see my kids grow up & not make the same mess of their lives as i made of mine.

Sorry Trogg. You can certainly raise them properly and give them the best chance possible - but you cannot stop them from being who they are.

If a youngun is determined to screw up, he/she will.

You want the best for them but in the end, they control that and not a parent.

Just love em, be there for em, and hope for the best.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Ferret1959:

Beating cancer keeps me going.

And I now live life to the full, when you have been told you could only have 2 years to live, you look at life in a completly differant way.

This is what I think all the time not just on the bank, but when I am there I think how lucky I am to be still here and have the friends and family supporting me.

LIVE LIFE TO THE MAX. :D

There was me worrying about missing the official opening this year. Kind of puts things into perspective don't you think. If only we all lived life as though we had been given two years and not bitching and worrying about trivial matters, I think the world would be a far better place.

All the best Ferret.

Paul.

[ 19 June 2002, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Waterman ]