Distance Carping

Rob Ward

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And if after all the advice you still can't make the distance this may help..........

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...item=3675069062

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Or this

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• 3 years later...

hiya Rob

ok i have taken alot of time reading the posts and seen alot of what i would cal magg carping posted, i even seen my own name used in one thred, now thatsd a laugh seein as im a magg righter from time to time haha, Rob you say you can cast to the iand you would like to fish to, so why not just add a 2 baite stringer or a tiny pva stick to your hook, please dont tell me that you think only having alot of bait will catch big fish, because let me "tel" you now it dont, because 92% of the biggest carp i have had from the UK has almost always been from a singal hook bait or been fished on a tiny and when i say tiny i mena the size of a wallnut or smaller pva bag, you have to rememer that if the iland is out of most poeples reach then why would they reacted over a bed of bait?? there not used to seeing it so why sould they? why is it a hot spot, because its a place most anglers try and reach and there for what carp are had from there are noted more than fish had in open water.

so to cut a long story short, put the maggs down and go fishing, do your own thing and your get there.

please dont take offence to this post as it was not intended in that way but i read this and have to right about it every day and it really winds me up

All the best

Gav

Work Is For People That Dont Know How To Fish!!

For a writer your spelling is a bit pi$$ poor isn't it "Gav"! :P Erm er not that mine is up to much!

Tend to agree with what you've wrote mind you.I went through a spell of trying to work out how to bait up at ultra long range and came very much to the conclusions that you couldnt really with out a boat and if a lot of feed was needed to get fish in to/feeding in these distant swims then why was I fishing them in the first place!

I will gladly fish in excess of 150m to put my hook in an area where fish are feeding but if I must create that "hot spot" then I now stick to doing it at a lot closer and managable distance (for baiting up that is)!

IMHO in general the "ultimate" range you can sucsessfully fish is governed by the distance you can bait up not the distance you can cast.

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Rob, if it's the lake you showed me earlier in the year, I've seen bait boats used!

If you fish the top end, its about a 60 yd chuck to the back bay and I found using a 2oz lead and a small pva bag got me there. With my hands they way they are, 75 yards is my all up distance - even with a huge lead.

I did find that having a drop as far as the spigot on my 13ft rods helped enormously.

Hell! What am I telling you for? You have forgotten more than I know about fishing!

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine