car smell

merlino     bill

There is nothing you can do to get rid of the smell of cigarette smoke, except strip the car back to the bare metal. Even a single cigarette can leave a smell that non smokers can detect for weeks afterwards. If you smoke in a caravan or a motorhome, it will make it almost impossible to sell to anyone who isn't a smoker, and even then, some of them are strangely averse to other people's smoke. Some dealers will even refuse to take them in part exchange.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

As usual Chris nails it, Febreeze is the business for most nasty niffs, I rented a house last year with a no smoking clause in the contract, I smoked pretty much anything I could find there and the day before I moved out I Febreezed the curtains and carpets and there was nae a whiff of smoke, and I got my whole deposit back :)

As usual Chris nails it, Febreeze is the business for most nasty niffs, I rented a house last year with a no smoking clause in the contract, I smoked pretty much anything I could find there and the day before I moved out I Febreezed the curtains and carpets and there was nae a whiff of smoke, and I got my whole deposit back :)

It works for about four or five days, which obviously suited your dilemma, but it isn't a long term solution.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

OI OI,

Anyone know how to get rid of stale smoke out of your car, someone suggested half an onion but then it will stink like a hot-dog van lol

iv'e tried loads of different smellies to no avail usually works for a couple of day's then it's back,

Do you think if i had it valetid that might work, HELP.

:secret::secret::secret:

Gday Bill, it just so happens we have a young guy visiting who is a taxi driver in Newcastle upon Tyne.

His suggestion is to use Ibcol dissinfectent or Soflora. Put a couple of drops on your pollen filters.

Available from Asda - Morrisons - Wilkinsons From 69p to a quid a bottle.

Failing that wait till he comes home and catch a taxi. :rolleyes:

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Gday Bill, it just so happens we have a young guy visiting who is a taxi driver in Newcastle upon Tyne.

His suggestion is to use Ibcol dissinfectent or Soflora. Put a couple of drops on your pollen filters.

Available from Asda - Morrisons - Wilkinsons From 69p to a quid a bottle.

Failing that wait till he comes home and catch a taxi. :rolleyes:

OI OI,

Gday clifftop your about the third person to mention zaflora im going to give it a go mate, takes a geordie to visit oz to find an answer i should have just popped down the central staition LOL. OH NO i forgot they dont speak english/geordie down there.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

OI OI,

Gday clifftop your about the third person to mention zaflora im going to give it a go mate, takes a geordie to visit oz to find an answer i should have just popped down the central staition LOL. OH NO i forgot they dont speak english/geordie down there.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zoflora stains vinal and will melt some types of plastic neat so be carefull mate.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

One of those Nutradol gell balls opened and dropped under the drivers seat will get rid of most niffs and works a treat on a combination of wet nets and old deadbaits.

The only drawback is the smell of the thing iself can be a bit intence when the car has been sitting in the sun.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

go to a reputable car valeter who cleans cars for the trade they should be able to get it clean

i bought my vectra second hand it was valeted before i got it ,it was ok at first about a week later i noticed a Smokey smell ,

so i rang up the dealer they said that they have thing for cleaning the smell of smoke from cars ,

i gave it back to them they said that the previous owner was a pipe smoker, :wallbash:

i then got a call 6 hours later to say it was ready for collection,

i haven't had any pongs since that was last July.

the sales rep didn't know what the thingy was called he said it deionised the air in the car plus an extra valet

like i said it worked for me.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

OI OI,

Lots more good advice thank's pumphypete i'll keep that in mind when i take mine to be valeted.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite