Light feeder Rod

Roobz

Yeah normally things like this would really really tick me off, but the seller has been so good with everything i cant be mad. i spoke to him today after opening the butt only section and we sorted everything out. hes sending me the other sections and they should arrive sometime tomorrow.

it hasnt cost me anything to send things back and he has not once asked me to pay for them to re-ship things back down to me.

Awsome seller!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the other parts of my rod turned up the day after the butt section did. the service has been fantastic. it would of been a differant story if i had to wait days between each mistake!

so i now have a full rod and so far i am very pleased with it. i have yet to fish it but it feels like its going to suit my lakes down to the ground.

I am gonna buy two of these.... For £20 you can't go wrong... and 10 tips!!

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/A...Feeder-rod.html

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

I am gonna buy two of these.... For £20 you can't go wrong... and 10 tips!!

http://www.dragoncarpdirect.com/products/A...Feeder-rod.html

Famous last words.....lol

From Dragoncrap? There's every chance you could go wrong.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Famous last words.....lol

From Dragoncrap? There's every chance you could go wrong.

I presume they have a bad reputation then??? lol

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

I don't think it's Dragoncarp themselves that have a bad reputation as such but I know a lot of anglers buy their gear and end up replacing it as soon as their ability and finances allow.

I'm sure some of their gear is fine but it's the mad colours and infantile logos you see plastered all over their gear that gets me. I just couldn't.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

... it's the mad colours and infantile logos you see plastered all over their gear that gets me. I just couldn't.

I am much the same. I did consider buying a rod from them just to ascertain the quality of them to see if they were worth buying once in a while. I still havent got round to it as red just isnt my colour lol. If they did the whole line in black or dark green then I might consider it but I couldnt imagine sitting by the river with bright red rods in the air. Sounds like a tackle tart thing and I suppose it is but they are just a little too garish for me.

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk

They do an aluminium seatbox from time to time, which looks quite good, that I had considered but I can't buy much of anything without having a look at it or at least knowing what the name's quality is usually like.

I want one (when cash allows) but what type I'll end up with, I don't know.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

...Izaac Walton...

...Vagabond...

Dragon Carp! I read of a few moans, I have never heard a moan. Although I know quite a few people who have dealt with them, and all without a problem.

Have I dealt with them? - Yes on many occasions.

Was I happy with the service? - Yes always.

Have I ever been impressed with them or their service? - Yes, on several occasions they have gone beyond what one could consider a basic service and done their best to help me out.

Have I been happy and or satisfied with the products I have bought from Dragon Carp. - Yes, I have even been impressed with their products at times, true not always but it has happened.

Are the goods they sell basic or rubbish? They cater to a particular price level and generally I believe that they give fair value for money.

Sure every dealer in the country is going to have some substandard items, it happens. However it must be a bit more likely in the lower price ranges, whether this is really the case or not I do not know, but it is something that must be kept in the mind when buying.

Not very long ago Grey's rod's were being given quite a bit of bad mouthing concerning sudden mid or top section breakages, J W Young's rod's have also been moaned about suddenly snapping in the Handle/Butt section and this was when you would be paying around the £150.00 to £200.00 mark for a rod from either company.

I still use some Dragon Carp products. Even though I can afford more expensive similar items. Why? - because they do the job well enough that I have no need to spend extra money for a more popular/famous/in vogue brand.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

So i managed to get out today and try out my new rod!

Im very pleased with it. the sun was out today but it was still very windy and the water was cold about 5 degrees!

I am really pleased with the rod. the tips where exactly what i was after and its felt good on the cast. i also managed to net a nice little skimmer with it!!!! i missed a massive bite earlyer on in the session. my own fault really i had the drag on my reel set so loose after letting out line to get the rod on the rest. forgot to tighten it back up and it cost me a fish. owner recons it was a decent size Chub maybe 4+Lb.

oh well! cant wait to get out again with it!