Wallis Casting Video

Spindle

Well, I've finally finished making a Wallis Casting video - just trying to influence Elton or somebody??? to host it for me. Then you can all have a good laugh at how fat I am, and how dreadful my casting is!

Some of it was filmed just down the (very flooded) river from Dick Walker's stretch of the Great Ouse at Thornton, so it might bring back a few memories for some of you???

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big (best quality) version is just over 15 Mb, and I have also got medium and lo res versions at 4.4Mb and 1.5Mb respectively. They are all in WMV (Windows Media Player will read them), and I converted the hi-res to MPEG1 which came out at a whopping 64Mb.

I've e-mailed the medium res version to Elton. However, Elton is understandably worried about bandwidth with people trying to download big files. Maybe Elton and you can come to some agreement about what is hosted where. I'm happy to send the files by post on CD if it helps you guys to get them for hosting (it took ages to send 4.4Mb on my little 56K link...!). I'd like the movie to be exclusively available through Angler's Net because I feel I owe it something for the pleasure (and free lures!!) I've obtained from it over the years. So I won't step over the mark, I'll leave it up to Elton to decide.

Thanks for the offer though. Very generous.

This is currently at:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/wallis.wmv

I would be very grateful if people viewing it could post their thoughts here.

Nick - cheers for the offer, which I may well take you up on when we tell 'the masses' about the video (keeping it to this thread for now).

All the best,

Elton

PS Spindle...what a star!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Great stuff Spindle, nothing else to add really, clear as a bell.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Yup - well done Glenn. I liked it a lot.

Though might be too big a file for many to download. Any chance of a shorter version - say around 3 minutes - with just the reel explained and the cast demo'ed?

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

very good Spindle,

i was out on the river today, trotting wasnt producing, so i decided to do some ledgering using my truedex, i had never done it before, so i just used the wallace cast, well a version of it, instead of just taking line from the reel i also pulled line from the first and second eyes, worked wonders, three chub and a lovely grayling.

[ 18. November 2002, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Gray-Catchpole ]

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道