A Statement (A request!)

Chris Goddard

There has been a lot of mention recently in the angling press regarding the “Close Season.”

The RSSG is by virtue of its aims and objectives HAS to become actively involved with any change in the dates of the close season. The RSSG has “Nailed Its colours to the mast!!”

In order to fight the threat and be seen to be fighting this threat requires that the RSSG has enough committee members to attend meetings etc. At present we have just 4 committee members. Myself whom some of you already know, Liam Smyth who was the first to step into the breach and help out on a practical level. (Much against his personal wishes!)

We also have two other members of the committee who are acting as “Catchment Officers” and so whilst serving on the committee are not as such “active” in the day to day running of the RSSG as a going concern. But more of a local interfaqce with local issues.

A lot of people offerd there help in one way or another, but few have offered to take up committee positions. This is the reason for this post. The RSSG in order to go forward has to have more committee members in post and more members. The members will come, but the committee is required NOW!!

There are several positions that require filling, namely Chairperson, Treasurer and a Media officer. The list is not huge but I feel these are the positions that require filling with some immediate effect. Are you “UP” for it??

Questions are apparently being asked as to “What is Chris Goddard” doing?? Chris Goddard is doing just what he can!! Which is not a lot. Chris Goddard is only one man and is certainly nothing special!! However what can “Chris Goddard and all the committee of the RSSG” do is another matter entirely! Ask not what can be done for you but WHAT CAN WE DO TOGETHER!! Members will come in time, however if there is no RSSG for them to be active with it will all have been in vain. Please lets not have a re-run of a couple of weeks ago and see all this hard work going to waste, I am sure this will not happen, but please, please lets have some “Bums on seats lovies!!”

The rest as they say is down to you.

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Chris, as you say, people have offered their help, me being one of them. I'm not so sure that I would have the diplomacy and tact required of a Chairperson but the post of Media Bloke I can cope with. If no one else volunteers then okay, I'd be pleased to help. At the moment I have e-mail probs so you can always call me on 01502 568671 most evenings.

Peter,

A word to the wise - you may be better advised to email your phone number, rather than post it on a public forum.

Tight lines,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

theres a close season :confused: i thought river danglers just liked paying 25% more than pond lovers (25% = only fishing 9 months wheras ponds =12 months) :)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I was going to post "The silence here is deafening!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

But then like a shaft of golden sunlight from an angels wing it happened. keep watching this space! Coup??? Not since the last King died has anyone pulled off one like this :D:D:D

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Elton:

Peter,

A word to the wise - you may be better advised to email your phone number, rather than post it on a public forum.

Tight lines,

Elton

Thanks for the advice Elton. In reality my number is in the phone book & every crooked double glazing company already seems to know it!