I'm Going To Australia!

Elton

Its a wonderful country Elton and you will enjoy it to the max I am sure. I suggest you join this Sydney fishing forum before you go out and tell them about your forthcoming trip see here I finished up on a couple of trips with the lads from it.

If in Sydney a good tackle shop is "Fishouttawater" (spelling?) Its on George Street opposite the Queen Victoria building. Say you are a pal of Snatcher. I still keep in touch with them and regularly post on their forum. I have some fishing gear in Sydney but unfortunately its in storage at the moment. A good plan is to take some basic stuff like hooks,swivels,shot,floats,line and just buy a rod and reel there,unless you take a telescopic. If taking hooks/spinners they are classed as "sharps" and cannot be carried in hand luggage

Have a great time and take plenty of pics :)

John

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just check out which airline you are flying by as I heard that the Thai airline has just recruited a load of ladyboys for their cabin crews...

Still one man's meat is another mans poison. Guess it's a case of what you fancy...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I think this is the one I need:

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/evisitor.htm

The other one had a charge and your one was a 'saved session' page.

Good job I'm not booking the flights - we could end up anywhere :D

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/emai...isitor-faqs.pdf

Is the application form available in other languages?

The eVisitor application form is only available in English.

Blimey. How non-PC :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Elton,

You need to be aware large sections of the Queensland rabbit-fence was washed away in the floods.

Take care out there!

I will - I've seen the size of the rabbits out there! http://bit.ly/fmVr2b

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I will - I've seen the size of the rabbits out there! http://bit.ly/fmVr2b

The wallabies and younger kangeroos aren't at all dangerous. :)

It's the big old reds with a mean streak that you need to be really careful of Elton. :(

If you go into the bush, remember to have a stilleto knife strapped to your leg.

If a big old 'roo gets it's hind feet up, it can rip your guts out.

So if you are attacked, you need to hug it tight with your head over it's shoulder (so that it can't nibble your ear, or get it's back legs up to rip you), and then stab it in the back.

That's where the leg-knife comes in handy.

If the 'roo has you gripped by the waist as you cuddle it, you can't get to the hunting-knife in your belt, so the stilleto strapped to your leg could be a life-saver.

(An axe in the belt is a good idea too. If charged by a big old wild-pig, side-step the charge and whack it behind the ear with the axe blade as it goes by, but be careful of those razor sharp tusks, they can be bloody dangerous. Oh! and if you get grabbed by a 'croc, go for its eyes).

(Knowing this stuff could save your life :) )

Oh! rabbits can be dangerous too, see

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Yeah, thanks Leon...LOL

Well, the rest of the family are definitely going. Their online visas were approved almost instantaneously.

Yours truly is sweating it out here, as his wasn't! Probably due to the fact that my surname changed as a kid. I've never been in trouble with plod....honest!

Yeah, thanks Leon...LOL

Well, the rest of the family are definitely going. Their online visas were approved almost instantaneously.

Yours truly is sweating it out here, as his wasn't! Probably due to the fact that my surname changed as a kid. I've never been in trouble with plod....honest!

Hmmmm! I wonder if it's because you know me?

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hmmmm! I wonder if it's because you know me?

Yay! 'tis now granted :)

Just had some terrible news. Apparently, my mum's partner is really fussy about steak and is looking forward to meeting up with me, as I love a good steak. In my mum's words, "He could eat steak for breakfast, lunch and dinner but he will not, under any circumstances, eat steak that isn’t of a good quality. So, our steak is either Porterhouse, Scotch or good quality T-bone.....we always keep at least half a porterhouse cow in the freezer!"

The sacrifices I make in this life.... :D

i didnt know you could get a porterhouse from half a cow :D perhaps he means burgers?

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson