Witch lakes

kirisute

I though some one had posted about Witch Lakes in the past and I have found this old thread> It might be of some use :unsure:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/witch-l...on-t121484.html

thanks dales i did read that one, but it doesnt mention anything about the carp lake at the site.

I know someone who has fished the lake a lot and before anyone thinks he's well heeled he only works in a shop so I doubt he makes a lot of money a week. I see if I can get a copy of some of his photo's, he's certainly caught a lot of big fish.

Personally I think it's a crazy price.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

I know someone who has fished the lake a lot and before anyone thinks he's well heeled he only works in a shop so I doubt he makes a lot of money a week. I see if I can get a copy of some of his photo's, he's certainly caught a lot of big fish.

Personally I think it's a crazy price.

i agree it does seem to be a crazy price...which i why i wanted more info on the carp lake and if that included in the crazy price or if you can fish that a bit cheaper!

however i guess its like anything; a day on a wreck boat is what? £35-40? as ive said my brother and father have happily spent £50 on a days fishing at a trout lake...all double figure trout stocked.....you spend a day pheasant shooting and your talking £250 minimum before youve shot a bird! LOL!

if you can get a bit of info from your mate that would be greatly appreciated! im really not interested in the catfish/sturgeon i doubt i have tackle to handle them anyway...but if the carp lake can be fished with waggler and surface and has a good chance of some nice high double figure fish then i might be tempted! if its cheaper! LOL!

i agree it does seem to be a crazy price...

I guess its one of the countries top big fish waters and compared to some of the top salmon fishing, it seems dirt cheap to me.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I never knew sturgeon were stocked in Britain? How unusual, how do you fish for them?

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

I never knew sturgeon were stocked in Britain? How unusual, how do you fish for them?

with strength, courage and faith! LOL!!

really i dont know....if i recall the episode of Extreme Fishing it was a nice stinky bait on the bottom.....so deadbaits and suchlike....however the rules state you cant use deadbaits or live baits...so maybe a huge hallibut pellet rig with a pva bag of freebies? i really dont know....

but what type of tackle? im guessing a beach rod is going to be out of the question for a lake..but maybe a wreck rod? *shrugs*

ive emailed the contact of the site and will be hoping to get some answers when they reply.....ill feed them back here for people.

maybe they rent tackle for the catfish/sturgeons??

There is a lake near to me (in the north west) that I am actually visiting tomorrow that has sturgeon/sterlets stocked. When I aim for them I usually use big tiger prawns or a big lump of spam. I have only caught 3 to date but that is from 2 attempts at specifically targetting them. One came when targetting the big carp in there. They stock all sorts at this place including barbel! My mate wanted to go down there so that is our plan. I am thinking I will be on the tip for the bream/tench/carp/roach and then have a rod out with a large bait for large carp and sturgeon.

A heavy(ish) setup is what I would recommend as they can't half pull.

Take a look at the sturgeon thread started by vagabond for some images of them.

Edited by AddictedToScopex

For any web design needs check out http://www.chiptenwebsites.co.uk