Now let's ban fishing

Colin Brett

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is one thing she has missed out!

Hunting is getting banned due to the treatment of the animals that are involved {FOX}.... I certainly hope fishermen over the UK are not purposely killing or hurting the fish they catch as in hunting!

As I see it fisherman do not want to hurt the fish. In fact we go to great lengths to ensure that they get hurt as little as possible i.e. using non-barbed hooks and investing our money in unhooking mats, landing nets and other devices, not just to aid us in our quest but to make sure we can get the fish back in the water as quickly as possible and with the least amount of stress for the fish.

Surely this shows we have no intention of hurting the fish we so love to catch!

I hope the short minded views of some people do not cloud the opinions of the general public.

I wonder if she has ever gone fishing before?

I think you can safely assume that whoever posted it, it has backfired on them very badly.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

A search with alltheweb.com came up with [edited for possible legal reasons] The person is a librarian in WC1.

There is a phone and FAX number together with an Email address!

The name had sounded phony to me, but there appears to be an athlete with the same name.

JUST NOTICED!! The lady is spelling her name differently in different letters!!

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

[ 05. September 2002, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: John S ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Ahh, that was obviously a cunning ruse so that people from neighbouring counties, reading both letters, might think they were written by two different people, and the identical text was merely a coincidence.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Peter Sharpe:

Ahh, that was obviously a cunning ruse so that people from neighbouring counties, reading both letters, might think they were written by two different people, and the identical text was merely a coincidence.

I don't think that just leaving the 'h' out of Theresa would fool anybody.

Anyway! I have Emailed the lady to warn her that someone is using the same name as her for these letters and referred her to this page.

ON SECOND THOUGHTS! Was it a Colin Brett typo?

Jim Roper

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

[ 05. September 2002, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Jim Roper:

A search with xxxxxxxx.com came up with http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.htm

The person is a librarian in WC1.

There is a phone and FAX number together with an Email address!

Whoah.... Be veeeeeeeery careful here!! Grays Inn is one of the four Inns of Court and *if* this isn't the right person (or even if it is!) and a campaign is waged on this person a lot of people (inc. this web site) could end up getting their arses badly burnt!! Suggest a mod does some quick editing here.

[ 05. September 2002, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: Davey B ]

--

Be Kind To Your Children, They Get To Pick Your Nursing Home.

PS: There is no why that letter was written by a librarian from one of the Inns, and don't confuse these librarians with the little old dears in sensible shoes.

--

Be Kind To Your Children, They Get To Pick Your Nursing Home.

If it is THE right Theresa Thom at grays inn then I hope people will enquire as to whether Mss Thom is who we think she might be and state their case, such as Mike Heylins reply, in a right and proper manner, showing that anglers are reasonable thinking beings. If Mss Thom agrees that it is actually her who posted these letters then perhaps we should ask if she supports any particular group. As has been said, we must watch our P's and Q's on this one.

Interestingly there was a landlady who was recently found guilty of a public disorder offence. She hung up the flag of her customers least favorite football team in order to wind them up.

If this particular lady IS the sender of the quoted letter then she could be a supporter of either faction.

[ 05. September 2002, 08:57 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Davey B:

PS: There is no why that letter was written by a librarian from one of the Inns, and don't confuse these librarians with the little old dears in sensible shoes.

Why is there 'no way that letter was written by a librarian from one of the Inns'?

Its probably takes an educated woman to be a librarian, not that that makes her right. Perhaps she has time on her hands, access to a computer. 'No way' is it 'no way'. I would have thought it unlikely, even improbable, but not impossible.

Mss Thom has now written to the Aberdeen Evening Express, by the cringe that lass gets about!!

[ 05. September 2002, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]