Now let's ban fishing

Colin Brett

We just need trent. barbeler to turn up and we will have another Peters and Lee Show. :D

Fortunately, I understand that paranoia is not catching. :)

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was born in greenwhich ,i like pie and mash but not jellied eels so i suppose i`m not a londoner :D real londoners sound like dick van dyke (unfortunate surname now adays) as we all know :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well I my opinion it was just a simple letter to fill space in the paper.

Just like I mentioned before just a simple wind up.

Teresa Thom Has just won the day and got you all going.

Emails to the papers has just proved her point?????

Anglingforums Intersite Challenge Champions 2003 and 2004 http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

http://www.total-fishingclub.com

I think fishing should be banned.After all there is nothing more pleasing than kids running amock in the streets with knives and weapons.Makes you feel violent to the core eh?There are many other plus points to this.I would much prefer to see kids hanging around street corners taking drugs and vandalising bus shelters than simply sitting by some boring old bit of water that should have turned into a carpark years ago.I think the elderly get away with beatings far too often.Surely it the duty of bored youngsters to keep the population down a bit and share the countrys wealth.I know some foul mouthed youngsters who talk of Pike and fish like it was some sort of hobby.Burglary..now theres a hobby.Why go fishing at night when you could be out doing someones house?I just don't know anymore...This country looks far too tidy these days.I think as soon as this stupid sport is banned we can all be glad that our kids are in jail where they should be. :P

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

The exact same letter that umber quoted has

appeared on the letters page in tonights

Bolton Evening News.I also suspect some skull

duggery on the part of the hunting fraternity!

The trouble is that if you sling enough mud,

then some of it will stick.

Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened!

It would seem to me the CA got bashed on very, very (non-existant?) evidence in this particular matter.

Like em, don't like em, whatever. But how fair and reasonable is it to accuse them of doing a thing like this without any shread of evidence?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

"teresa thom" did anyone notice its a anagram of "steer a moth" are we acting like a moth attracted to a flame? or on the otherhand it could be" met arse tho " :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Just to please Dragonbat, I've now emailed the Bolton Evening news as well.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

It isn't fair Newt. But, based on 'city type' behaviour in the past, not an unreasonable assumption, I'm afraid.

Unfortunately, in this country Newt, we have learnt, the hard way, not to trust 'spin' from a certain type of political spokesperson. Its a difficult one to answer, especially without appearing predudiced.

By and large the CA core consists of many who consider themselves of a higher social standing than others. Unfortunately social standing is still seen as important to many in this country.

Regretfully many of our leaders, whether from industry or politics, no longer have the upbringing or breeding that is part of being a 'gentleman'. Our Lord Archer is, I suppose, typical.

It says a great deal about the CA, and its typical member, that any of us should have these nagging doubts. Was a time when we only distrusted second-hand car dealers and double-glazing salesmen!

The Watergate Gate affair shook America's trust in its own establishment. The US has also had a few 'business' scandals of late, further knocking US trust in its own establishment.

We have also had a few scandals over here, a number of 'watergates' so to speak, especially in our 'financial' sectors. Example the Nick Leeson (?) affair.

The last few years of Conservative Party rule in the UK, regretfully, did much to further undermine the UK's trust in its own powers that be.

Many of us feel that we can no longer trust some of those that we should traditionally be able to rely on.

[ 05. September 2002, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

Peter and Peter, You seem to have jumped to remarkably similar conclusions with a complete lack of any evidence at all.

On that basis I would question your combined judgement on any issue.

One could of course jump to the conclusion that you both have a hidden agenda, Peter & Peter, hmmm.... pete & pete hmmmm......peta & peta... got it!!!

Easy, I have found the link without any evidence at all, so I must be right.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic