Now let's ban fishing

Colin Brett

Sat on a digger and dumper all day yesterday and it's surprising what goes through the mind at such times!

If the same name is being used, it seems to me that the idea is to bring problems for that person rather than pushing blame (or credit) towards an organization.

If I had done it, I think that I would have used different names for each letter, remembering that there seems to be no correct address with them and they are therefore more or less anonymous.

Could it be that a certain Theresa Thom has upset somebody?

If the person that has been mentioned before is indeed the target, it would be interesting to know if any one in particular is part of that same establishment.

I'm sure we can find a list of people who are with the same 'club' as the afforementioned Ms Thom.

I have to get on the digger again now. Only got it on hire for a weeks holiday??

Jim Roper

[ 08. September 2002, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note, most false names that are given to the police have the same letter for the first and second name. e.g. James Johnson, Simon Smith, Teresa Thom, etc.

Howard 13:

Is any body going to send a letter back to their local paper promoting angling and the positive side of it all?

I see its in my local paper as well.

Could someone write a good letter for us all to use?

HB.

Trawl back through this thread mate! Both Mike Heylin and Peter Sharpe have done just as you suggest!

Hi Peter,

The problem with this particular letter is that

it takes up very little room on a letters page

in a local rag.It seems to be being used as a space filler.Any reply from us cannot be condensed into few enough words to warrant them printing it.Perhaps someone could produce a

response which is short and to the point?

As yet,no reply has appeared to the e-mail sent

to my local paper,and I do not expect one.They

have printed such letters in the past and I have

sent replies,but never had one published.

Inside every old person is a young one wondering what the hell happened!

Cartman:

Hi Peter,

The problem with this particular letter is that

it takes up very little room on a letters page

in a local rag.It seems to be being used as a space filler.Any reply from us cannot be condensed into few enough words to warrant them printing it.Perhaps someone could produce a

response which is short and to the point?

As yet,no reply has appeared to the e-mail sent

to my local paper,and I do not expect one.They

have printed such letters in the past and I have

sent replies,but never had one published.

Phone up the editor and ask why not? Even write a letter asking why a one sided arguement has been put forward by a supposed reader. Suggest that your local club has a go. Call on the CAA, NFA, SAA etc. If nothing works then demand a right of reply. Good luck.

The trouble with sending in a co-ordinated, standard reply is that it looks just like that. There was a very good reply printed in the Peterborough Evening Telegraph, and quite lengthy too. I'll try to rescue it from my dad, as we always do a paper swap. At least it should give a few ideas to those who didn't like my own particular viewpoint.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.