Opinions on this cheap pole

TrevBoy

Sorry to hear about the redundancy Trevboy, I think in these times there but for the grace of God go most of us.

If I was buying my first pole and wanted to make sure I got the best value for my money I'd speak to Budgie about used kit first. I don't know whether he can help in that price range and postage might be an obstacle but it's worth a chat, you can be sure it’ll be good kit.

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

As with anything "cheap" Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)

That said, you are only risking about £35, and the ebay option looks the better value.

Most cheap poles are heavy, but that's worth putting up with if you don't want to spend much. They might also be flimsy and brittle, but that is a risk you will have to decide whether to take or not.

I was intrigued by the description of a "carp fishing roach pole" - all things to all men......

Anyway, as long as you don't expect too much, at least it should be an improvement on the tele pole. Good luck if you decide to buy it.

PS Just read Rusty's advice - who posted whist I was typing. If Budgie can find you a reasonable offer, he will, so go with that.

Edited by Vagabond

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

As with anything "cheap" Caveat emptor (let the buyer beware)

That said, you are only risking about £35, and the ebay option looks the better value.

Most cheap poles are heavy, but that's worth putting up with if you don't want to spend much. They might also be flimsy and brittle, but that is a risk you will have to decide whether to take or not.

I was intrigued by the description of a "carp fishing roach pole" - all things to all men......

Anyway, as long as you don't expect too much, at least it should be an improvement on the tele pole. Good luck if you decide to buy it.

PS Just read Rusty's advice - who posted whist I was typing. If Budgie can find you a reasonable offer, he will, so go with that.

Good advice. thanks

Who on earth thought of the idea of a tele pole?! useless. Kicking myself for not having thought it thru.