Best days fishing for months!!

Lee-sox

quote:

Thanks for telling us and well done. However are you going to tell us where you caught them, or at least which county, lol! The method used would be interesting to know too.
:D If i was to tell people where it was the swim would probably be occupied next week all i will say is i live on the broads.

As for the method, well a cobination of poped up and bottom fished deads with the 16lb 4oz and the 3lber falling to trout, the 17lbers on mackerel and the rest including the missed and lost fish on sprats.

:D:D:D

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

I had my first pike session in years today, had 6 of them too! Just the the biggest was 4lb at a push! nice to have a bend in the rod even if it was a little one

All on sprats if I'd had mackerel they would of been bigger than the pike

I'm back is fishing like riding a bike? you never forget how?

Darrell, i have had pike in every concieveable weather condition from the height of summer (dont keep them out too long) to the depths of winter, but my best results have come from overcast breezy days that make the water ripple a little with temperatures around 3-10 degrees C.

Heavy rain is in my opinion a complete waste of time, don't know why but i never catch in downpours.

badexcuseforanangler, (blimey, long name) sometimes it is great fun to pull out jacks all day, especially on a light lure rod.

Well done

Fly like a mouse

Run like a cushion

Be the small bookcase!!

Lee,

Thanks for that, interestingly my most prolific days pike fishing was in a right howler when I fished tight to wall with plenty of overhead cover.

Do you think it's the weather or more to the point the associated pressure ?

I fished quite a lot at a small stillwater that held a good head of pike two winters back, You could almost set your clock by their feeding times. Early morning might pick up one or two but you were guaranteed runs at 9.30am! That's the way it seemed anyway. Anyone else found similar ?