Which Bivvy do I keep and which one do i sell?

i could do with a little help as I have to make a choice between my two bivvies. I need to free up some space and make some moneuy in the process.

I have a Trakker Ultralite Aquatexx (just the bivvy with no overwrap) and a Fox Evolution Plus, with groundsheet and wrap.

I hardly ever use a bivvy, and tend to fish short sessions only - ususlly a day, 2 at the most. I also like to have the minimum weight to carry.

I love the Trakker Ultralite but even though its "ultralite", it is quite heavy to carry. The fox Evo Plus isn't as plush as the trakker, but its lighter. The other thing about the fox is that the front can be raised or lowered to adapt to the conditions, and doesn't need storm poles which also reduces the weight.

My question is which do I keep - do I go for higher quality (trakker) or practicality (fox)!!??

Hi Fishfinder

No contest for me i would keep the fox, i used to have a fox evolution and a groundsheet, no over wrap was ever made for the bivvy so i used to put a tarp over and sleep in it. Once fished a febuary night on exmoor carp fishing, dam that was cold.

So if you are just doing the occassional 2 day and alike i would keep the fox and sell the tracker. You will probably get more for the tracker any road.

Or thats what i would do.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

Not too up on Bivvies, but what you describe, and your present style of fishing, I think you would get more use out of the Fox.

And as Smalltincup said you would probably get a better price for the Tracker

I have a lightweight shelter, it is very light and I can take it with me everywhere so I've got it on a sunshine and showery day.

post-11575-1213387140_thumb.jpg

Edited by Team Man

Alan

I must be doing something right, I'm still alive

To be honest if u only go fishing for a max of 2 days then ur trakker shud do the job! ur bivvy was built for light weight. but my suggestion is to go fishing with 1 bivy and then go again a with the toher 1 and decided what makes u feel comfrtable sleeping in and comfprtable carrying!

martin

To fish or not to fish? That is the question!!!

PB Commom 30lbs (UK)

PB Mirror 27lbs 4oz (UK)

PB Ghost Mirror 15lbs 6oz (UK)

PB Mirror 46lbs 6oz (FRENCH)