Is it Spring?

lutra

I wouldn't complain about that Brian, if they're hanging about in that swim I'd keep at it as the bigger one's won't be far away m8.

I had a couple of hours on the ribble- Brockholes and blanked !! I can't weigh up why I blanked but I just had one of those crap feelings before I set off.

I met a chap I know who was fly fishing for salmon and he landed a chunky chub I would of estimated at about 6lb or maybe a bit more . He had a few trout as well and lost a quite large salmon.

Its very peggy this time of year Ian with lots of the river seeming to have next to nothing in it, which makes it easy to blank.

A good frost and wee bit colder all day yesterday slowed things down a bit last night. 4 roach (2 just over the pound mark) and a 3lb chub last night from the same peg same time....... It would be nice to think a 2lb roach might turn up one day, but i can live with catching pounders if it don't. :)

One or two other anglers have been fishing the same length i have, but most of them seem to be using tip rods and maybe heavier gear to (3lb bottom for me). They all seem to be finding it much slower going than me.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still Winter up here.....will be until about August I suspect and then we'll get a temporary influx of bears, moose and Canadians....probably.

Then it'll be snowing again by October.

I'm moving back to to somewhere hot ASAP. I wasn't born here and I clearly gave up any resiliance to the cold after the age of 20 or something (I know it didn't used to bother me). My Dad likes it about 15. degrees in the house though. I refrigerate food at that temperature.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Its very peggy this time of year Ian with lots of the river seeming to have next to nothing in it, which makes it easy to blank.

A good frost and wee bit colder all day yesterday slowed things down a bit last night. 4 roach (2 just over the pound mark) and a 3lb chub last night from the same peg same time....... It would be nice to think a 2lb roach might turn up one day, but i can live with catching pounders if it don't. :)

One or two other anglers have been fishing the same length i have, but most of them seem to be using tip rods and maybe heavier gear to (3lb bottom for me). They all seem to be finding it much slower going than me.

Yeah, your rigth Brian it is very peggy and the drop in temp's (especially overnight) have slowed things right down. I suppose using a lighter low diameter bottom may help ...especially for the roach. I'd keep going to the same spot everyday if poss (even for and hour after work) and you might bump into one of those bigger roach before the end of season.

Good luck B.