It's Arrived :)

Leon Roskilly

My new Anglersnet Centrepin arrived today :)

This is the version with the handle-less er, 'handles'!

Now working beautifully, so I'm going to keep it :)

I know they work because having returned from a meeting in Westminster this afternoon, I loaded the reel and took it down my local carp puddle to put it through it's paces in landing fish that pull back. (Brenda was not impressed, but sometimes when you have to go, you've just got to go).

I did get bored catching carp after a while and instead started targeting the rudd.

It was as I was swinging a rudd to hand that the rod started jumping around in my hand.

With my eyes on the fish, I didn't know what was happening.

Then I glanced up and saw a young blackbird trying to use my rod tip as a perch!

'Gerrrofff!'

and off it flew!

(I was also adopted by a young pheasant that wanted to eat my sandwiches - sorry I'm digressing!)

Roll on June 16th and some water that moves :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new Anglersnet Centrepin arrived today :)

This is the version with the handle-less er, 'handles'!

Lucky you! Mine should be arriving tomorrow! Its got handle-less handles for retrieving line etc and normal handles for playing larger fish! Its also a rather fetching colour! Can't wait!

Rich

fruitloopy , they will eventually be available through this site's classifieds section / merchandisng . the guy who makes them will probably pop on later .lets just say he's too damed good at what he does ,and things have snowballed a bit ,and a orderly que is forming .these things take time to make by hand .he'll take note of your intrest and stck you on the list if not for the current batch ,the very next one .but when he see's this he'll probably lets all know the current state of affairs .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I've seen these before on Anglers Net but couldnt fiond out where to get them from. How do I get one?

Hi Fruitloopy, I'll put your name down for one, just waiting for Elton to put them up on his site now.

Hi Fruitloopy, I'll put your name down for one, just waiting for Elton to put them up on his site now.

Ooh mine has arrived! Its great :clap2::clap::yeah: ! THANK YOU ANDY!!!!

Rich

The novice might think that one way of comparing two pins is to start them spinning and see which spins longest.

er, No.

The job of a centrepin is to release line at the slightest pull of the current.

That means it must have low inertia, whereas a reel that spins longest usually has the highest inertia.

A couple of ways of comparing reels is -

a ) attach split shot to the line (directly coming off the reel) and find the minimum amount of weight needed to get the reel moving.

b ) load the line coming off one reel onto the second reel and let them play tug 'o war by moving them apart. The best reel being the one that starts to rotate soonest. (If pretty evenly matched, you'll need to ensure that you are not affecting the outcome, ie moving one reel faster than the other etc)

My new Anglersnet reel beats my Okuma Adventa :)

Oh! and the Anglersnet reel isn't yet worn in.

(Of course there are other factors such as how cool it looks, whether the weight of the reel balances the rod, ease of use of the ratchet oh! and a whole host of things, but 'willingness' to concede line to the current is fundamental).

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

It would be interesting to see how the AN pin compares against some of the ridiculously expensive pins available. I bet I know the answer!

I know I've mentioned it already(!) but I have mine now too, and am itching to let it loose on my local rivers on Monday :sun:

When I last used it at the Itchen, the wind had it spinning...an amazing bit of kit.

I was sorting out the tackle shed last night and was comparing it against my Okuma Sheffield. As I thought, the AN pin is a touch slimmer and lighter while still having the same spool size. The ratchet switch is miles better (that was the only thing I didn't like about the Okuma, way too fiddly). It looks loads better. It balances my rod better.

It's just better :)

Now, when is Andy going to start making rods... :lol:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I've been trying to hold out. Looking at the comments left on threads. I have even had one in my hand when I went to pick up my gloriously saved Aerial from Andy. But 'no' I kept telling myself 'I don't need any more kit, the shed looks like a tackle shop'.

BUT I've buckled and whizzed Andy an e-mail to join the waiting list. So weak.