Angling and motorcycles

Andrew Boyd

In my early years the bus and train took me to the waterside. Then in my late teens and early twenties a series of motorcycles open a whole new world. Two up ( with my mate Dave ) plus tackle box, holdall and countless other stuff any trip was "intresting".

Winter trips would result in frozen fingers, my knees would not thaw out for hours after I got home

A car makes things easier these day thankfully.

I'm sure many of you 'enjoyed' the same experence.

Andrew Boyd

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not yet!havent tried,hoping to lay my fingers on a new bike...my old mate ducky had a funny one many years ago on his way to kings wier on his norton,halfway there rounded a bend(that he couldnt really see in the fog!) and ended up on his arse battered n bruised got up got his gear togather and carried on he busted his knee abit,gravel rash!

2 up...you gotta be mad!

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Me too ( Valentino's done Yamaha a lot of good ), so long as I get to carry my 4 rod quiver !!

Watch out if "Breamagain" cut's in on this forum, he talks a load of rubbish and I always beat him on the Isle of Man but that's another story.

Andrew Boyd

he sure has,boys got talent bags of it the best since dohhan,hailwood or read, i think you might have trouble holding on to that quiver at 200+mph!

IOM now thats a race,RIP the big man DJ

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Used to roam the Midland match circuit during the early 60's on my ever reliable Bantam! You could rely on it to seize up at 70! But at a constant 50 it was genuinely reliable.

How can a match-angler use less than a Luton to lug all his gear around today? But back then a Bantam was king! The old Honda mopeds just hadn't got the power!

[ 24. September 2004, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

I used to look forward to my trips on the old RXS100, looking back on it now it was really stupid...

Wouldn't do it on the SV though, must be getting sensible in my 20's, or maybe just boring...