Weather 4 The Weekend

Guest pholt_uk

Guest pholt_uk

Just been looking at the forecast and it looks like we're going to get a rise in temperature to about 7 degrees on Saturday. So what's the effect going to be on the fishing? Will it:

A. Make the fish move around and feed more actively.

B. Stop them feeding because of the sudden rise in temperature.

The wind will be from the East North East at about 10mph. Given the choice would you fish with it in your face or on your back?

Depends a lot on how much COLD rain enters the river over the next 24 hours. As for which way to face - I'll be facing the river on Sat!!! - trying to winkle out a grayling or two...

Chris

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

East least West Best. If it's A sudden rise then it could put the fish off feeding. As far as i know a steady rise is best.

May sound daft but fish with wind in your face if it's a cold wind

Why the other bank will be warmer

Better still find a nice spot that is sheltered from the wind.

I think it very much depends on the water, so it's difficult to make predictions. Small shallow stillwaters will rise quickly in temperature, big deep ones more slowly.

Additionally, you need to take into account how low the temperature's gone and how long it's stayed low. This is because it will have affected the digestion rate of the fish - the lower the temperature, the slower the digestion. However, if the fish have empty guts at the end of the cold snap they could feed very hard when the temperature rises and they're more active.

I agree that a sudden large rise can put the fish off until they acclimatise, but afterwards they do often come on with a bang.

So predicting which water to fish and when to fish it is half the fun. If you get it right half of the time you're doing better than me!

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I am up beat about this weekend, as a mate and I are to fish a good roach water. I'm hoping the temperature rise will be slow and steady, with not too much wind.

However, one thing for sure is that I am more likely to catch if I actually turn up at the water, whatever the weather has in store, rather than staying at home.

As I have said before, the only angling trips I have regretted are those I didn't go on.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...