Feeder Casting

kev7dags

Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me some tips on casting a feeder. My problem is I dont seem to get much distance on the cast and if I try to increase power I get crack offs. I am wondering if I am doing something fundamentaly wrong in the cast. How much line is recommended between feeder and tip on the cast I usually have it quite short(10 inches). I can usually get the direction but my casts vary in length so dont know if I am releasing line too early or too late. Does anyone know a good video for feeder casting techniques as usually I find it easier to understand things if I see them being demonstrated.

Cheers for any help

Kev

I normaly use quite a bit of line between feeder and tip, as much as possible tbh, and a nice steady swing letting go about 11'oclock :/

The reason you are getting snap-offs is because theres not enough line to stretch if you clunk it, the feeder gets 10 inch's away from the rod tip, the tip bends and then kicks back into postition snapping the line, esp on a quiver tip.

The more confident you get the later you can release the line, cast from the side or have less line between the feeder and rod tip.

Is it mostly happening when you overhead cast or try and whisp your line under a branch?

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

It happens mainly on overhead casts when I try to give it a bit of power to get further out. Thanks for the gen I will try lenghthening the line between feeder and tip to see if this helps.

Cheers for the advice.

Kev

the only way to avoid crack offs is to keep it smooth, start slowly at first, and it soon becomes second nature to get a good long cast

What stength mainline are you using?

Anything below 5lb for feederwork is madness.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!