RedBelly dead

Alan Fawcett

Has anyone heard anymore on the death of Redbelly the record Barbus from the River Gt Ouse??

I've seen it mentioned on a couple of sites now but i still haven't seen it mentioned on any news articles.

If its true at least the poor sod will get a rest from the circus.

TROGG (Alan)

a government is there to serve its people not rule them

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rehoused? Is that legal?

If it is dead, and had it been a carp, then we would all be in national mourning by now. Atleast there is still some sanity in the world, atleast with those who fish for barbel.

Peter Waller:

If it is dead, and had it been a carp, then we would all be in national mourning by now. Atleast there is still some sanity in the world, atleast with those who fish for barbel.

Peter, I've just looked on my calender and there's no mention of a "Let's have a pop at Carp anglers day" on there! :confused:

You're wrong there. It is always on the last Sunday in September, and falls between Laugh at Pole Anglers Weeek and Snigger at Shakespeare Seat Boxes Monday.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Wot me take the rise out of carp anglers? Never! A friendly dig now and again, but as for having a pop, nooooooooo way! Gaffer, I am a carp angler now. I caught a nuisence 27 pound common off Oulton Broad the other day, that I was after pike at the time is of little consequence!

P.S. What are the official carp popping days :D ?

Peter Waller:

Rehoused? Is that legal?

Hmmmm - I take it you didn't see the thread about the 'discussions' on other sites regarding the giving of information about barbel swims. Barbel angling these days seems to have as much insanity as anything else, it's just that they seem to be a little more civilised about it!

DISCLAIMER: All opinions herein are fictitious. Any similarities to real

opinions, living or dead, are entirely coincidental.

The way that anglers, who specialize in one branch of the sport, seem to pour scorn on the rest of the angling fraternity, it's no wonder that there was no march in support of live-baiting!

Jim Roper

http://www.experts-exchange.com

http://www.searchlineuk.com/FishList.htm

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net