Wingham training

Anthony78

Hi Guy's,

Does anyone know of a day ticket gravel pit which is less than an hours drive from Hereford/Worcester?

Myself and Cliff want to get some practice in for the Wingham fish-in this year so needs to be suited to medium to long range feeder fishing.

Thanks in advance.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

I believe Larford Lake is a former gravel working:

http://www.larfordlakes.co.uk/

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately Larford has gone all commercial and the large lake which used to hold carp to 30lb and bream well into double figures has now been reduced in size to create 2 more match lakes and is now overrun with pasties .

Shame really as when it used to be owned by the BAA it was very natural and full of monster fish.

Keep em coming!

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

There is another one but it might be a bit of a journery toll, Kingbury Water Park which is located at Bodymoor Heath - Sutton Coldfield but I don't think you can night fish.

Kingburg Water Park

Edited by Andrew Burgess

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

There is another one but it might be a bit of a journery toll, Kingbury Water Park which is located at Bodymoor Heath - Sutton Coldfield but I don't think you can night fish.

Kingburg Water Park

Hi Andrew,

That's a cracking shout! Just checked and it's 40 mins from me. It's a little further for Cliff but hopefullly he'll think it's worth it. It is a shame that they don't do night fishing but hey we can't have everything and they do allow nights at the linear complex which I've now found out has bream and tench to double figures  but is just over an hour for me.

Have you ever fished Kingsbury? Do you fish Broomey Croft pool if you do?

Thanks again.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

I have fish there a couples of time in the winter for the piking at Cliff Pool South but strangely never fished it in the summer on other waters in the area.

There is another water I think it was also an gravel pit at one time but I am talking about going back years (15+) ago and that I am not sure what it is like now and that was Packington Sommers at the famous Molands Mere for the carp and pike before it got converted into match fishing

Packington Sommers Fishery

There are a good chance that some of the big tench and carp will be there still. Also it will be a bit closer to your home as well.

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I have fish there a couples of time in the winter for the piking at Cliff Pool South but strangely never fished it in the summer on other waters in the area.

There is another water I think it was also an gravel pit at one time but I am talking about going back years (15+) ago and that I am not sure what it is like now and that was Packington Sommers at the famous Molands Mere for the carp and pike before it got converted into match fishing

Packington Sommers Fishery

There are a good chance that some of the big tench and carp will be there still. Also it will be a bit closer to your home as well.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the suggestion. Just checked and it looks as though it could be a bit too commercial for me and it appears to be dominated by carp in Molands. Thanks for all the suggestions though :thumbs:

Ant

Edited by Anthony78

Effort equals reward!!

Ant, is Oxford too far for you? If not let me know and I'll try to help.

Hi Andrew,

It's just over an hour for me but Cliff is based in Hereford so would probably add another 40 mins or so to his journey. Was hoping to find somewhere mutual for us both.

A very experienced angler has mentioned the Linear complex which sounds perfect but is a bit of a treck and currently I can only do weekends which probably means that it will be very crowded because of the carp but I'm not interested in these at the moment.

Did you have anywhere else in mind?

Thanks

Anthony

Effort equals reward!!