please look at this - is it right or wrong thinking

teddy

Maybe it would be worth looking for some hooks that soon rust away. I've often wondered why hooks are made to last for so long when most anglers throw them away after a short session (especially in the smaller hooks).

Yes you would have thought that the idea of that would really appeal to the tackle trade!

Brilliant suggestion Ian but I suppose it hasn't been done because its simply not possible to develop a hook that would be strong enough to work and last a sensible "use period" but decay quick enough to still not be a problem if lost.

Has to come back to not losing/limiting the damage of losing in the first place.

I wish I could offer a solution but cant.As I said before times have changed and I doubt there will be any going back.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe our celebrity/sponsored/"professional" anglers could make it "cool" to learn the basics and work your way up again?...................................but where would the profit be in that I suppose..............................

i think the problem is the celebrity bit right there!

occasionally i have a momentary lapse in brain power and end up watching some fishing on Sky. then i simply end up cursing at the screen with the next bit of blindingly stupid "fishing technique" (or at least it apears that way to me) or tackle that the average person will instantly buy and start casting into the lake!

the last bit of "advice" that drew my wrath was hooking at entire slice of bread onto the hook/line for surface fishing! we just banned surface feeding at our carp lake because of all the bread being thrown in and laying about the place...now mr celebrity suggests hooking an entire slice on and casting that out!!....superb!! :rolleyes:

i think it was an old episode anyway but it wound me up anyway! LOL!

trouble is your right; TV anglers and sponsored anglers etc etc have an obligation, as does anyone in the public eye; that obligation might well be un-written and un-spoken...but it simply means if your seen doing something or acting a certain way, you can be damn sure somebody will copy you! so make sure what you do is right, and that your showing people the best way you know how to do things.

even in my youtube vids i try to make sure we handle fish correctly and safely; and seeing as they advertise product the boss of the company ensures they dont show his product or company in a bad light.

anyway i digress LOL!!