Pike For The Pot

Elton

Meant to smoke eel mate. Doing anything else is just plain wrong.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smoked eel is divine, and the best thing to do with them, but the other traditional way of eating them is to fry them in bacon fat - very tasty, and not remotely slimy or gelatinous. I can only imagine that happening if you forgot to skin it.

Smoked perch I would put above any sea fish or salmonid.

I used to eat a lot of pike, and I would put it above trout.

Smoked eel is divine, and the best thing to do with them, but the other traditional way of eating them is to fry them in bacon fat - very tasty, and not remotely slimy or gelatinous. I can only imagine that happening if you forgot to skin it.

Smoked perch I would put above any sea fish or salmonid.

I used to eat a lot of pike, and I would put it above trout.

I'm struggling to think of any sea fish that tastes better than perch....perhaps smoked black bream.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

to the guy who said that poland didnt have agood suppl of sea fish, im there now and belive me the have a better selection in the shops then us and allot fresher not frozen then shipped about befor defrosted and miss sold.

the eat fish like carp because it is a tradition as we used to in england as well as pike we just think were to good for it now! poles in the uk take fish because the dont know an better i own a polish shop and when you tell them they cant take the fish from the lakes or rivers the dont undertand as in poland you fish and pay per kg for what you catch and keep put it back and its free fishing!

ounce told 99% will not take fish its the 1% that give them abad reputation.

the fishing cammunit needs to help them understand our rulles as allot of them are pleaser angers and would increase memberships at clbs and privet waters by allot.

education is the key

thanks

to the guy who said that poland didnt have agood suppl of sea fish, im there now and belive me the have a better selection in the shops then us and allot fresher not frozen then shipped about befor defrosted and miss sold.

I don't think anyone mentioned Poland. When I said "central europe" I was thinking more about the totally landlocked countries. Poland has a massive sea fishing industry. Slovakia, for example, farms freshwater fish.