Chub Record

Peter M

Congrats to Tim Archer who broke the chub record on thursday with a 8 pound 13oz lump from Dobbs Weir on the river Lea. This is an unfashionable day ticket venue in herts/essex and at £3.00 per day good value. Mind u I have fished it before and found it very hard but thats the way it goes on the lea these days, blank or a biggy.

Well done Tim.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

Peter Martin:

Congrats to Tim Archer who broke the chub record on thursday with a 8 pound 13oz lump from Dobbs Weir on the river Lea.  This is an unfashionable  day ticket venue in herts/essex and at £3.00 per day good value. Mind u I have fished it before and found it very hard but thats the way it goes on the lea these days, blank or a biggy.

Well done Tim.

I'll second that!! :)

DG

It's about time the Chub record went. It's also nice to see that the fish came from an "un-fashionable" water. These are actually more fashionable to some, who find fishing for known big fish very boring (myself included).

Congrats to Tim Archer indeed. Well done that man.

He's given an awful lot of encouragement to others out there, who seem to think the only way of catching a decent fish, is to "buy" it, which is just not possible to some.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Peter Martin:

Congrats to Tim Archer who broke the chub record on thursday with a 8 pound 13oz lump from Dobbs Weir on the river Lea.  

That's enormous!

Well done, Tim :)

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Nice one.

All of the 7lb + chub in AT this week were from the Avon, Dorset stour and Thames.

How many wanabe's will fish the Lea next winter???????????????

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Well done that man, thats an awesome fish. Was it in one of the comics, and if so which one?

Interesting though with all the big fish coming from rivers like Stour and Avon, that the last record fish should have come from the Tees and this one from the Lea.

There are loads of underfished very Chubby stretches of river that could give any of us a surprise. If there's ever a fish that will reward a bit of pioneering leg work its got to be the Chub.