Bait saving

RUDD

Over the years I have found many ways of saving cash by buying in bulk and saving unuse or leftover bait.

To be honest most of the saving is done by freezing left over baits:

Maggots

Meat

Corn

Hemp

Expander pellets

Casters (in a plastic 500ml bottle filled with water)

Groundbait

Tares

Liquidised bread

Partiblend

Soaked pellets

But now I have found a new source of corn - the dinner plate!!!!!!!!!

Any corn uneaten by the family when we have it as part of a meal now gets rinsed (to get of ketchup/mayo etc) and put into small session sized amounts as I rarely feed any - just use as a hookbait over pellets or groundbait (unless breaming or early season Tench fishing).

Any one else have any bait/cash saving solutions or am I just a miser??????????

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do try and freeze left over maggots, meat and corn but at 30p a tin or something like that i wouldn't go as far as to rinse off the leftovers of a meal! fair enough though!

The only bait i buy from the tackle shop now are maggots and occasionally pellets.

Otherwise its worms from the garden, corn/meat/bread from the supermarket and pellets from pound land!

Every little helps ;)

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."

Save it where you can I reckon but that said, I dunno if I'd go as far as rinsing corn, when it comes in at a quid a kilo frozen.

Just don't be rinsing corn after it's been eaten...... ;)

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Guest Wilko 09
But now I have found a new source of corn - the dinner plate!!!!!!!!!

Any corn uneaten by the family when we have it as part of a meal now gets rinsed (to get of ketchup/mayo etc) and put into small session sized amounts as I rarely feed any - just use as a hookbait over pellets or groundbait (unless breaming or early season Tench fishing).

Any one else have any bait/cash saving solutions or am I just a miser??????????

Rudd mate,

As sweetcorn is undigestable by the human body, if you teach the family not to chew the corn before swallowing it, you could take a shrimp net and sit by the manhole 24hrs after a meal and reuse after rinsing, that way, your supply would be inexhaustable!!

;)

I think my version was more subtle.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

I once cut up some ''Scotch Bonnet Chilli's'' and then wen't for a slash.....

It resulted in many tears of laughter from the other half, NHS Direct, and the local shop where I had to purchase some Natural Yoghurt to attempt to ease the burning!!!!

You havn't lived until you have heard an NHS Direct advisor telling you to place your ''Tackle'' into a tub of Natural Yoghurt... :lol:

Species Caught 2011: Mirror Carp, Barbel, Ide, Rudd, Roach, Bleak, Perch, Bream,

Species Caught 2010: Perch, Pike, Roach, Rudd, Bleak, Bream, Gudgeon, Ruffe, Ide, Tench, Mirror Carp, Common Carp, Barbel, Chub, F1, Crusian Carp, Goldfish

This made me laugh ^^^

:lol: :lol:

Edited by davedave

As famous fisherman John Gierach once said "I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I like fishing because it's the one thing I can think of that probably doesn't."