Halibut Pellet Paste

BigAlanD

Hi everyone

Have any of you got any tips on making decent paste from large Halibut Pellets?

I guess soaking them in boiling water (Scorching - I know) and eventually add some eggs to bind the whole lot together.

Also whats the ideal amount of eggs ratio to pellets is best? and of course have any of you found a winning combination of addictives to add to the paste?

Cheers if you can help!

Hi Al,

just grind them up in a food blender - I tend to use the old ones once they have gone a bit softer - it takes a bit of time but I think it'd be better than scalding as I wouldn't have thought you'd want water in the paste mix.

I am sure you can by them pre-ground now as well - from hinder site I think but can't quite remember.

Beat a couple of eggs and keep adding the powder until you get the consistency you require.

The ground pellets also make a nice ground bait, on it's own or mixed with something else.

Fish seem to love Hallibut pellets so I personally see no need to add anything.

cheers,

Paul.

Hi Big Al,

I will go along with the ground method.

If you add water it does not make the same paste at all.

With just eggs added you can get a very good consistency, but if you mix a little oil with French mustard, then add this to the eggs it is even better.

The mustard acts as an emulsifier and makes sure that the oil is distributed evenly throughout the mix.

This lasts for ages freezes well and just works back into a nice past with a little kneading.

If you add a little water to a small piece of this paste that you are going to use on the bank, you can make it much stickier if you wish.

I always add a little salt as well.

.........Liam.

[ 24. April 2004, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Liamsm ]

"Wisdom is the knowledge of how little we know"

Barbelangler.co.uk

• 5 years later...

Hello all

Paste is an awesome fishing bait, whether wrapping a boilie or straight on the hook.

Summer fishes well with a high oil content paste, while low oil and flavoured pastes really come into their own in the Winter.

After making up some of my own experiments, I found a cheaper and much easier solution

on ebay.

On Ebay Search for a Seller called - Flyagaric10

Or search for Fishing Paste HalibutSuper and you will find him

(pictures of paste Vacuum packed)

He sells a large selection of Paste and Handrolled Boilies (when do you ever see handrolled boilies).

I use this source for all my paste and boilie needs, and when buying in bulk very good deals are available

check him out

Tone[/size]