Interesting day out

Roland

Fished a local day ticket water today, known for good carp among other things, has a reputation for being a bit dodgy people wise. I decided to fish the feeder for a change.

Hemp seed ground bait along with corn on the hair. All I could catch was blooming snotties! Good ones though. Remembered my scales for a change and the best was 7lbs 6oz. I was using just a plain setup. Paternoster rig to cage feeder. 15 inch hooklength.

What would have been a better bait to tempt carp? A lot of them came out. Just not form my line!

Notables for the day:

Ea baliffs came and checked everyone out. Was nice to see them out as I had never been checked before. They even caught a couple of people without any paperwork.

People need to remember that In general we want to hear their bite alarms when they have a bite. Not full volume when clipping up :angry:

Why do people insist on leaving litter. When I was packing up, two guys in the swim next to me left a ton of crap behind which I went and picked up :angry:

People need to remember that In general we want to hear their bite alarms when they have a bite. Not full volume when clipping up :angry:

Usually there's no need to use bite alarms anyway, a bite indicator is normally sufficient. But of course, a good set of matching (and expensive) bite alarms is part of the carpers uniform, and obviously they should be heard by all :rolleyes:

Why do people insist on leaving litter. When I was packing up, two guys in the swim next to me left a ton of crap behind which I went and picked up :angry:

Simple, because they're idiots. On one of the lakes I frequent, leaving litter behind will result in you being banned, an attitude I fully agree with. How difficult is it to take a plastic bag for all your rubbish and take it back home with you? A roll of small bin-bags is a permanent feature in my tackle box.

Sounds like you had a good days' fishing though, despite the lack of carp.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Moaning because all you can catch is snotties to 7lbs...lol

I seem to recall a certain thread running to who knows how many pages now on catching bream.

If you're getting them alright, you know something some seemingly don't....lol

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Hi Ben,

VAC fishery? If so then I would report the litter issue to the fishery manager as he may know who was in certain swims.

and WELL DONE on a your catch of good size bream.

DOH!!! Just realised you stated "day ticket water" :oops:

Edited by Maddog

Colin
My Website

My Blog (mostly Match Fishing)