Esthwaite - Pike/Boat fishing and Chart!

Rob Ward

Sounds good to me.....

Paul

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the map Scott!

I went last friday, my first boat fishing experience and it certainly wont be the last! :D

I only caught two Jacks towards the end of the day but it was the most enjoyable days fishing I've had this season. I've allready booked the boat for my next trip!

• 2 weeks later...
Dragonbat:

Can I have a copy please planning a trip after the roach.

Chris

Perhaps you could make it downloadable from http://www.anglingforums.co.uk

Jim Roper

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Rob,

How much do you have to shell out this year for a day in a boat?

Paul

Rob Ward:

Boat booked for Friday! Can't wait, I've invested in a king sized lure net from Harris and some boat rests!

Can anyone offer any advice regarding mounting Deadbaits for Trolling?

I would very strongly advise against buying the 'South Bend De lux' rod holders from Harris. Seemed a bargin at £7.50 but really flimsy, destroyed one in a days fishing. The bit of metal that hold the rod holder onto the clamp is far too soft. Also the wing nuts that hold it all together are not proper wing nuts but pressed from sheet metal, and far too soft as well. The Tite Lok rests ones from Brudall are very good (I've used some that I had borrowed) but horribly expensive.

Rigging dead baits - I use two trebles one in the lips and one near the dorsal fin, and put a spinner blade an inch or so up the trace so there's a bit of extra attraction.

I've just got into boat fishing too, and think it's fantastic. However, I warn you - it gets expensive. Before you know it you'll want an electric motor and a battery. Then you realise that your battery's too small after a day out in really strong breeze so you buya a bigger one. Then you realise that even two bateries can't cope with a long weekend fishing as a decent size one takes more than 24 hrs to charge up, so before you know it you have 3 batteries. Then you feel you need a fish finder to really explore a loch properly, and suddenly your thinking about buying a boat. Then the flood gates open and money pours into a bottomless well as you suddenly realize that your car's not really up to towing your boat and wouldn't it be nice to have a 4 x 4 so that you could get all your kit to some really remote spots