Second Hand Boat

JMW

I want to buy a second hand boat. It doesnt need to be very fancy, or very big. I will be using it mostly on small lakes. Does anyone know where I could purchase one in the South West/South Wales area?

Cheers

Jon

try your local "free adds" but inspect the boat carefully it doesnt matter about holes in a fiberglass boat they can be fixed but inspect very carefully the ribs and flotation chambers ,we bought one in haste and discovered the ply on the back seat/flotation chamber although on the outside the fiberglass looked fine on closer inspection (at home :( ) there was a small hole and the complete wood panel was rotten ,it wasnt too much effort to cut it out and replace it though :) the panel was on the back to support a small outboard

[ 07. April 2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

chesters1:

try your local "free adds" but inspect the boat carefully it doesnt matter about holes in a fiberglass boat they can be fixed but inspect very carefully the ribs and flotation chambers ,we bought one in haste and discovered the ply on the back seat/flotation chamber although on the outside the fiberglass looked fine on closer inspection (at home     :(   ) there was a small hole and the complete wood panel was rotten ,it wasnt too much effort to cut it out and replace it though     :)   the panel was on the back to support a small outboard

Yhanks Chesters!

Jon

Do some searches in the forum for old threads that might help.

I picked up a 12ft fibreglass former sailing dinghy with trailer for £400 which is ideal for a few days a year in the lakes.

I found it on a website that put up adverts for free. I spent a coupkle of weeks of intensive searching spend a few good hours on google.

Martin

Regards,

Martin