My New Rod!

ga-rat

Just bought my new rod, I'm now almost ready for comback.

I went to a great tackle shop at homeleigh garden centre in Launceston, I was having a good look round and good old feel of the many rods.

I did see a Shimano Alivio 12' rod for £44, I was a bit tempted by this and kept going back to it.

After a while I eventually went up to the counter and asked for some more advice, we got chatting and talking about what type of fishing I used to do.

Anyway.... He eventually took me to the far end of the shop and showed me 3 rods still in bags. The one I went for was a Shakespear Powerplay 12' Feeder with 3 carbon tips. After a chat and me telling him about my budget he said he would do it for £20...

I thought that sounded a bit of a bargain! I am a bit worried now that people on this forum are going to say otherwise.. :huh:

Ah well it is done and it looks well made and its a great looking rod. :D

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Just bought my new rod, I'm now almost ready for comback.

I went to a great tackle shop at homeleigh garden centre in Launceston, I was having a good look round and good old feel of the many rods.

I did see a Shimano Alivio 12' rod for £44, I was a bit tempted by this and kept going back to it.

After a while I eventually went up to the counter and asked for some more advice, we got chatting and talking about what type of fishing I used to do.

Anyway.... He eventually took me to the far end of the shop and showed me 3 rods still in bags. The one I went for was a Shakespear Powerplay 12' Feeder with 3 carbon tips. After a chat and me telling him about my budget he said he would do it for £20...

I thought that sounded a bit of a bargain! I am a bit worried now that people on this forum are going to say otherwise.. :huh:

Ah well it is done and it looks well made and its a great looking rod. :D

A quick Google shows that these used to sell at 65 quid. looks like you got a bargain.

Shakespeare make some very good kit at surprisingly good prices. Enjoy it.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Forget all of that nonsense. My philosophy is that when I buy something it's because I'm happy with the deal, it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. Nobody here will criticise you for it but we will be upset if you don't report back with comeback catches :)

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Nobody should give you attitude, ...we gave you advice...you then were armed with additional information to assist you in your choice of rod...you went...you handled them...you choose the one that most suited and appealed to you...that's the way to do it and what it's all about.

I hope it gives you many years of great service and you make some great catches with it.

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

Now you've no excuse, go out and have fun! You'll be suprised how much you remember!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue