Carp Weight

Hereford_angler

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KBONE:

•  

Newt the grass was nice and thick, all the more reason for a unhooking mat because there could be broken glass or disgarded hooks in it,first thing I do before anything else is mat and landing net out it's a good habit to get into.

Catch you later.

Ken

This and several comments on other threads are making me rethink my previous non-use of mats. Doing a serious amount of shore angling is a pretty new thing for me. But I've started making gatherings with a group from my general area where we do set up on shore and do some fairly standard carping (although mostly without all the fancy bits) or catting, and with all the other junk I've got to haul, a mat seems reasonable.

My boat has carpet all over the bottom and my landing net is fairly thick material so I probably haven't done damage to this point but no sense in taking a chance with a large fish I plan to release. The bitty ones that will become cut bait or the smaller ones that will become supper, not much need for the mat though.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Guest sslatter

I'm with the 7lb guesses, but I sent the pic off to a certain french session carp fisherman, and he estimates the weight to be 30-40lb.