confused.com?

Feederfisher

ive recently brought a drennan series 7 puddle chucker (cracking rod)

and now thinking of upgrading my reel ready to give the match scene a go

at the moment i have a shakespear mach1 xt and a shimano alivio fitted with double handle

not the best reels but have done me well since buying them now looking to treat myself come payday

not sure what to get but have a few in mind:

shimano cantana/nexave front drag

shimano exage

preston pxr

map acs front drag

shimano baitrunner st 2500

anyone use any of the above or could give me any over reels to look at?

craig

also are there any over anglers on here with diabetes? im 19 and had type 1 diabetes since i was 17

anyone else suffer?

Can't help with reel but can maybe with a little info on the diabetes. We had a couple of active members with Type 1 but they haven't been posting for a few months. No idea why.

One of my offspring was diagnosed at age 3 and is in her 30s now so I can sympathize and somewhat understand the precautions you have to take. Most likely there are some active members with the condition who will chime in at some point.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Can't help with reel but can maybe with a little info on the diabetes. We had a couple of active members with Type 1 but they haven't been posting for a few months. No idea why.

One of my offspring was diagnosed at age 3 and is in her 30s now so I can sympathize and somewhat understand the precautions you have to take. Most likely there are some active members with the condition who will chime in at some point.

ya lol there's no "get up and go" for me gotta make sure i have food injections and my mobile and wallet with my diabetes card.

doesnt really stop me tho as i prepare the night before so everything is in bag next to front door for morning :)

craig

Hello Craig... there's loads of decent reels to look at so really it's personal preference as you'll have lots of differring opinions. The shimano stradic's are amongst my favourites :) .

Edited by Tigger

I've just gotten a Lineaffe Vigor Carp, in the 40 size, with a spare spool so 1 metal spool and a graphite?/matt plastiky type spool. Only has the double handle though, could be a problem for some. Its a lovely reel, excellent balance and a very light/free baitrunner mode and pretty cheap too. It seems like it will last pretty well(got a mach 1 xt too, and it feels far better built than that) and feels nice and balanced to me on my rods.

Doesn't have the 'bling' factor I admit but thats only a problem if you're a tackle tart :lol:

Renrag

Edit: Just checked the 'bay and the smallest with baitrunner option is a 40 but you can get the 'vigor shiver' in a 30, single balanced handle, rear drag. I can only recommend the carp one though as I've not used the 'shiver'.

Edited by Renrag39

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

I like the Mach 1 XT...smashing wee reel I thought.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

also are there any over anglers on here with diabetes? im 19 and had type 1 diabetes since i was 17

anyone else suffer?

Sorry to hear about your diabetes. My missus was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 40+ years ago aged 12. A

A couple of years ago She managed to get on a DAFNE (Dosage Adjustment For Normal Eating) course at our local hospital. It changed her life & the was that she managed her diabetes.

Try this link for more info http://www.dafne.uk.com/

See if there are any courses in your area.

Regarding reels, I'm still using a Shimano Aero Match MkIII and it ticks all my boxes.

Sorry to hear about your diabetes. My missus was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes 40+ years ago aged 12. A

A couple of years ago She managed to get on a DAFNE (Dosage Adjustment For Normal Eating) course at our local hospital. It changed her life & the was that she managed her diabetes.

Try this link for more info http://www.dafne.uk.com/

See if there are any courses in your area.

Regarding reels, I'm still using a Shimano Aero Match MkIII and it ticks all my boxes.

i have done the dafne course at northampton general was a good course and like you said changed my life and how i feel from day to day its alot more easy to understand and works amazingly

i really like the look and rewiew of the shimano st baitrunner in a 2500 but wouldnt really know where to start with using a baitrunner..... ? and on a quiver tip rod would it have any advances?

Also sorry to hear about the diabetes thing, a few of my close friends have it and it's a horrible pain for them to live day to day life :(

Regarding the reels, I've thought about the shimano ones you mentioned a fair few times now to replace my cheap as chips baitrunner reels. Have found no problems with the ones I've got but the shimano ones look like quality kit and some of the venues I fish have some big ol' fish in them and don't know how these cheap reels would handle them. I can't actually help as I havn't used said reels but I do fancy the shimanos a bit :P

Started coarse fishing February last year, species so far:

Roach, Rudd, Bream, Tench, Perch, Carp, Gudgeon, Eel, Crucian and a Goldfish.