Sharpening hooks

Dick Dastardly

I never even miss a quick Dace even at 40 yds.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy::rolleyes:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

That was quite good Budgie. How come we didn't get to see your lovely face??

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Bless 'im, he's camera shy :lol:

Not watched the vid yet, at bleedin' work and won't let me watch 'streaming media' ffs, 'they' really don't trust us here!!!

Renrag

This Years' Targets:- As many species by lure as possible. Preferably via Kayak. 15lb+ Pike on Lure...

Species Caught 2012- Pike, Perch.

Kayak Launches- Fresh-8 Salt- 0

Kayak Captures- 14 Pike, 1 Perch.

My Website and Blog Fishing Blog, Fishkeeping Information and BF3 Guide.

Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue

After a lot of trying I found it easiest to just set up the camera on a tripod between me and the table,I could then see what I was doing through the viewfinder (do they call it that on digital cameras?) and so "control the framing of the shot" rather than trying to explain to my mate what I was after.

It didn't come out (I had a couple of goes with both methods of filming) quite as well as I wanted! I couldn't do any real editing with the facilities Ive got so had to try and get it in one shoot which made it harder.I no understand totally about "out takes"!

Going to try and perfect this method a bit so I can use it to show rod/ tackle making and repair (maybe some fly tying) techniques that people are allways asking me about and have proved difficult to explain even with photos or diagrams.

I think its a good way to show stuff but Ive got to get the technical side (and my presenting!) sorted better! I think the camera Elton got me will be fine but now need to sort out the lighting! The halogen lights I have at present give everything a yellow cast and as you see from this attempt you cant allways rely on natural light!

I think its best to leave my head out though as I dont want AN's ladies getting to excited! Best get the nails manicured before episode two as well!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Bl**dy H3ll...What has been created before our very eyes ...Is it a diva or a drama queen...hehehe

From a spark a fire will flare up

English by birth, Cockney by the Grace of God

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this topic back up :-).

Just wanted to say thanks again for the video, I managed to get out fishing this weekend and needed to sharpen a hook and you video instructional worked perfectly and the hook was sharpened.

Thanks Budgie :-)

I made this today and posted it on the Session Carp Forum to answer a post.Its not very professional but thought others might find it helpful as its not just carp you need sharp hooks for!

the hook ,when you come down to it is the most important part of the rig.ive seen guys after breaking there tackle down,its right in there rod sleeves,but leslies of luton r selling there insight hooks ,were if you bought them at normal pricewould cost3.25,know they want a penny ,i just received 100 6s and 100 8.so you have know reason to cnange your hook,.quality hooks,this is:nt a recent buy ,thave bee selling them quit a while and sizes are becoming scarce