Fishing In Suffolk

newboyintown

Hello all

Having just moved here I am looking for advise on where to fish here around the Ipswich area. I am looking for ponds/lakes/pits where I can go at a whim (due to work!) without having to join clubs.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I live at Hadleigh

Suffolk Water Park is great for carp and pike. I'm not a great fan of commercial fisheries but that one is actually a real pleasure to fish. The only downside is that if you lob a lure out the carp boys on the very far bank might just think it is a carp topping and you end up with a cats cradle of E.S.P. coming at you from all angles! And that ain't no joke, take a hard hat!!

When the rivers are open again you might want to give the suffolk stour a try, this river is set to become the River Seven of the east of england as the EA are stocking it with loads of Barbel. I am salivating at the thougt of it. My parents live in suffolk so looks like I will be visiting them loads in the near future.

take a look at my blog

http://chubcatcher.blogspot.co.uk/

I know you said yyou didn't want to join a club, but GAPS control a lot of waters around here, so it may be worth reconsidering:

http://www.gippingaps.co.uk/

I've noticed that their fee has shot up to £53.00, though - it used to be around the £40 mark not so long ago.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

having made a few trips to the suffolk area as that is where my friends aunt lives we have found two ponds that are very close together and offer great sport with carp sturgoen catfish tench and of course all of the little fish i reccomend these to you they are lakeside and riverside fisheries. i cant remember the prices but theyre worth a visit the owners ae very helpful

excuse my lack of punctuation im in a rush

Try the Breakaway lakes, I think they are at woodbridge or thereabouts but they have a web site so you can check it out. Its a good match venue and the big lake holds really big (double figure) Bream. thanks for the tip about the Stour, info I didn't know but can't wait now I do.

Lakeside and Riverside are both in Onehouse (just look for Stowmarket). Lakeside is the most scenic and a real glory to fish. But avoid weekends.

Blue Water (!) at Woolpit.

Bakers lake (Buxhall) and the gigantic Rushbrooke Lake(Kettlebaston) are square tanks teaming with fish.

Needham Lake is the pit at Needham Market.

These are all about the £5 for the day mark.

More expensive is Grange farm at Woolpit.. charming lake.

Foxearth Lake but really near Glemsford.

The ponds at Brantham (signed as "Carp Fishing")

The big complexes in the Beccles Bungay area.

There that should get you started

"Muddlin' along"

wunnus:

More expensive is Grange farm at Woolpit.. charming lake.

Hi Wunnus,

I've worked in Woolpit for the past seven year, but don't know this one. Could you give me some more details?

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Grange Farm is only open during the fishing season (June-March)

Only good old maggot, bread, worm, luncheon meat etc is allowed. No boilies etc

Lake/pond is stocked with a range of fish but small carp are a speciality. Largest is probably about 18lb.

Only allows 12 fishing on the lake/pond.

Head out of Woolpit on the Stow' Rd.

just past the school and the recently made footpath you will see a road to the left (prob'ly signed to Rattlesden).

Up this road to the junction on a bend and turn right.

About 30 metres on, look to the right for the farm and farm shop.

Bingo

Look at the pond, with its island, :cool: and topping carp, :cool: and overhanging trees.

Its great when you are the only one there.

You will need to book the day before you go so get to the farm shop for details.

You use the toilet facilities of the camp site.

I think it is about £7 for the day.

Carp and tench abound to about the 2lb. There are larger fish but they tend to be elusive.

"Muddlin' along"