A threat to Scottish carp fishing?

mpbdsnu

What ever the penalty think of the press coverage you could get to help you. Methinks the adverse publicity would soon get them to change their minds.

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pike not indigeonous...? On loch Tay there is a crannog( (iron age ? dwelling built on stilts over the water) ,totally restored / rebuilt on the site on an origional one . A lot of underwater research was done on the site to find out about the origional people who lived there... ie how they lived etc , esp DIET....they found bones , seeds / grain etc . This is all on display there for a small entry fee ....and no , I'm not connected with it. Anyway , what type of fish is displayed there as a food source ....? PIKE...among roe deer , berries etc. If they were in loch Tay then I'd say they were indigenous. Unless they were "introduced" by the celts / picts or whoever.

Dunk Fairley:

Ah, but did those ancient people, have a section 30 consent?

Dunk I'm not sure that S30s are applicable north of the boarder? Different regs to England.

Saul

Ask the rangers to produce a copy of the act they are quoting from. Even north of boarder you have the right to hold them to account for what they are telling you to do.

You may also wish to consider e-mailing the comics (Mail & Times) with the story, giving them the address and phone number of the main office from where these rangers work.

The times Angling Correspondent might also be worth dropping an e-mail to. If he picks it up and runs with it, it would certainly stir SNH up, if they thought they were going to get some bad PR in that paper.

There are some more underhanded tactics you could use as stunts, but I'll not reveal them on this site due to eyes and ears monitoring and all that. E-mail me privately if you like to know them.

phil h.

Hi Phil

I'm interested in what you were suggesting with reguards to the angling press and SNH.

The one thing I dont want to do at the moment is to upset them as they seem to see our

side of the argument and are willing to have a meeting about the matter of the carp in Duddingston Loch.

When this meeting happens I will need some Profesional backing / Help to argue our point of view and to help clarify the carp / alge / stock level ,situation.

Keepin it Real & Alive

Saul.

Saul:

Hi Phil

The one thing I dont want to do at the moment is to upset them as they seem to see our

side of the argument and are willing to have a meeting about the matter of the carp in Duddingston Loch.

Keepin it Real & Alive

Saul.  :(

And by the time that meeting takes place other ignorant or not so carp friendly anglers will have done as they were told making the meeting unneccessary.

Alive without breath,

As cold as death;

Never thirsty, ever drinking,

All in mail never clinking.

I`ll just get me rod!!!

Stumac,

All grayling in Scotland are introduced and non-native. Their introduction is well documented in angling literature. There are no grayling in the Tyne but there are grayling across the Pennines in the Eden, again they are introduced stock.

I've recently heard of two more cases where SNH are objecting to carp in two waters.

One where the fish have to be removed and one where they are not allowing carp to be stocked in to a fishery where carp allready exist.

Looks like they really dont like carp :(

What can be done ??

Saul.

hi guys, not been on for a while and i saw this thread and my blood boiled. i am the secretary for a coarse club in fife and know of duddingston, but i also know of atleast two other lochs near by which are subject to ssi's. ironically one of theese lochs "Morton" was stocked in 1906 and used by local Lairds for "CARP" fishing and to this date there are wildies crashing arroud in the shallows on a sumers evening. unfortunatley when i tried to get permission to fish for the fish i was told in no uncertain terms to bugger off as it was a SSi and a bird watchers water.so if there is anything i can do to help just drop me a line and im sure the rest of my club members would be on our side.

Tight Lines

Dibbly 88

Tight Lines, Dibbly88