Whats happening at the ACA ?

Cranfield

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ACA life member and intend to stay one!

I was at the same B&B as Jane and Bob James for the Chatsworth Angling Fair they certainly weren't living it up and all the talk was about promoting the ACA.

Up and away early each morning to get the show on the road.

Seemed pretty dedicated to me.

Having said that Alan Edwards would have probably slept in the tent! Bless him.

Colin

Interestingly a reporter p.m'ed me over a comment I made on this thread. Ummmm, the hacks are now onto the story. Regretful but atleast we might get to the bottom of it now. Must be that AM is a furtile hunting-ground for our quality press! It wasn't the Sun!

Yes, Mister Mole, good name for a reporter. He has now P.M.ed me to say that Bob has resigned his post with the CA because he, Bob, can't wear both hats. No surprise there and is the timing of his resignation linked to his suspension?

Apparently, also, an EGM is being called for which, if I understand it correctly, has the probable support of Chris Tarrant. The plot thickens. Was it the Mail or the Mirror? Forgot which Mr Mole works for but might just buy a copy.

Peter Waller:

Interestingly a reporter p.m'ed me over a comment I made on this thread. Ummmm, the hacks are now onto the story. Regretful but atleast we might get to the bottom of it now. Must be that AM is a furtile hunting-ground for our quality press! It wasn't the Sun!

:rolleyes: I believe you mean 'fartile'

And to think that at this very moment, as you sit in your study, Peter, some toerag for one of the sundays is rifling through your dustbin. I,too, hope he gets to the bottom of it. :P

[ 05. November 2004, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Broughton ]

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'

Bruno Broughton:

And to think that at this very moment, as you sit in your study, Peter, some toerag for one of the sundays is rifling through your dustbin. I,too, hope he gets to the bottom of it. :P

But he does write for a Sunday Bruno. Not as if it were the Daily Worker or the Sun. No no no, not a toe-rag, just a mole after a story!

Instead of asking the likes of me why doesn't he ask the James or the ACA? Well, he must have tried, surely!

If he gets to the bottom of my dustbin then he is in for a rude awakening, I hossed out some old deadbaits well past their sell-by-dates!

P.S. Not all journalists are toe-rags Bruno, nor even scum for that matter!!