Whats happening at the ACA ?

Cranfield

Bruno Broughton:

And to think that at this very moment, as you sit in your study, Peter, some toerag for one of the sundays is rifling through your dustbin. I,too, hope he gets to the bottom of it. :P

Wasn't it a toe-rag from one of the Sunday's that wrote an article about Bob James's private life a few years back?

If that's their idea of 'the public interest' I'm a dutchman. Brings to mind a poem written about 150 years ago;

"You cannot hope to bribe or twist,

Thank god, the british journalist.

But when you see what he'll unbribed

There's no reason to"

So a lot's changed in the intervening years, then.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alan,

Yes there was a load of trouble caused by that article!

I see that the Angling Times printed contact details for the guy organizing the EGM.

Unfortunately I don't think many ACA members are aware of what's going on within the ACA at the moment. If they don't read the angling press or an internet forum they wouldn't have a clue as the ACA wont tell it's members until after their investigation is over!

This was posted on the Fishing Magic website -

'I would like to inform you all that

Neil Leaver of the ACA has asked that all FM readers/ACA members who wish to call for an ACA EGM contact him direct via e mail.

Hes asked me to pass his e mail adress on at his request.

neil.leaver@btinternet.com'

don't they need 50 people to request it or something like that?....

I'll send a mail off tomorrow, they'll need my membership number I assume?

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Phil,

Strange but he has now recieved an e.mail from Karen Kapper at the ACA saying that he will be contacted soon!... I think they are reading these posts LOL!

awaaar,

That's great, thanks. Yes your number would be needed.

"awaaar,

That's great, thanks. Yes your number would be needed. "

yer welcome :)

Andy

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

There is a very relevant comment on the F/M forum. Basically to the effect that everyone is jumping to the defence of the James. But perhaps there is good reason for the suspension. Until their internal investigations are complete the ACA can hardly go public.

Peter Waller:

There is a very relevant comment on the F/M forum. Basically to the effect that everyone is jumping to the defence of the James. But perhaps there is good reason for the suspension. Until their internal investigations are complete the ACA can hardly go public.

Precisely!

[ 17. November 2004, 02:00 AM: Message edited by: Bruno Broughton ]

Bruno

www.bruno-broughton.co.uk

'He who laughs, lasts'